What does it mean to be local?

I know you meant Pay n PAK...first turbine powered hydro to win a race. Bill Muncey sinking a Coast Guard boat, a Blue Angel crashing into 2 houses in Sand Point... I had a piece of the jet in my hand until a cop took it away! If you remember those....then your...old.
You are right! Thanks for the correction.

When I was a kid, some folks involved with Miss Budweiser lived across from my Grandparents on Mercer Island. Every year after Seafair it would end up parked in their driveway. Was very cool to see after watching the races.

Fun trip down memory lane. Names I hadn't thought of in 55 years. Local TV programming was more than a little strange back then. But it's our history....more than a few 'locals' still around to help bring back those memories. Thanks to all.

I have been around in Seattle for awhile. A bit of nostalgia from back in the day...

When those thin blue lines near my house in Burien still had trout and steelhead.
Went and saw the hydros for free including Miss Dollar Bill, Thriftway and Thriftway II, Slo Mo Shun, Miss Burien, Miss Bardahl. Huge party back then. Bill Brow, driver of the Miss Burien and the Bud, was my family's milkman until he was killed.
Remember the Spanish Castle Ballroom where Wailers and Sonics Played? Jimi Hendrix played there also. My FIL owned it during that time... Parker's up north was also a great dance hall/ballroom.
It was a huge trip to go from Burien to Renton to the Sears store. No freeways back then.
Heart's studio was down the street from where I lived and attended a party at our house.
Used to hunt for pheasants and ducks where Southcenter is now.
Lou's and Whizburger were the popular spots in Burien for hot cars. Used to gather there and then go racing on 509. Renton loop was a lot of fun also...
Earthquake in 1965 was huge even to this day.
Tex Johnson's barrel roll of a prototype 707 over Seafair was awesome.
The $1 concerts in Seattle. Saw Supertramp and Genesis one night...

Maybe that makes me a local...

Last edited:
I think that I drank all the cheap beer here in Washington. My buddy used to drink Beer beer in the half case. Black Label is another one. We always used to say "hey Mabel, get off the table. That two bits is for beer".
Yeah, I remember the 4 dots. I didn't need any help with the females. Mickey Big Mouth is another cheap beer. Tasted it also.

Those points don't mean shit. I was the first one with them. Soon everybody else was getting them.

I have been around in Seattle for awhile. A bit of nostalgia from back in the day...

When those thin blue lines near my house in Burien still had trout and steelhead.
Went and saw the hydros for free including Miss Dollar Bill, Thriftway and Thriftway II, Slo Mo Shun, Miss Burien, Miss Bardahl. Huge party back then. Bill Brow, driver of the Miss Burien and the Bud, was my family's milkman until he was killed.
Remember the Spanish Castle Ballroom where Wailers and Sonics Played? Jimi Hendrix played there also. My FIL owned it during that time... Parker's up north was also a great dance hall/ballroom.
It was a huge trip to go from Burien to Renton to the Sears store. No freeways back then.
Heart's studio was down the street from where I lived and attended a party at our house.
Used to hunt for pheasants and ducks where Southcenter is now.
Lou's and Whizburger were the popular spots in Burien for hot cars. Used to gather there and then go racing on 509. Renton loop was a lot of fun also...
Earthquake in 1965 was huge even to this day.
Tex Johnson's barrel roll of a prototype 707 over Seafair was awesome.

Maybe that it makes me a local...
Speaking of racing...ever know anyone that was a member of the "5 Minute Club" in Burien? Absolute suicidal time trial...I tried it once...one of the very few times I was terrified driving!

Speaking of racing...ever know anyone that was a member of the "5 Minute Club" in Burien? Absolute suicidal time trial...I tried it once...one of the very few times I was terrified driving!
Dayum, that is bringing back memories. Knew a couple that made it. Most wrecked going from Seahurst to Three Tree Point on the 270 degree curve....

Last edited:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Speaking of breweries, anyone remember that Heidelberg was brewed in Tacoma?

My memory is still good enough to remember going to Astor Park, Warshal’s, Parker’s, Dr Feelgood’s and The Gob Shop ;)
SF

Last edited:
Dayum, that is bringing back memories. Knew a couple that made it. Most wrecked going from Seahurst to Three Tree Point....
We always raced at Golden Gardens, but met a lot of racers from Rat City. 30-40 guys that were WAY crazier than me...called themselves the 'Herd'. That's how I ended up down there. I never minded going ballistic if I was only going to kill myself....but these guys would race anywhere/anytime.

Latest posts