How to Choose a Fly Rod for Bonefish

Status
Not open for further replies.

tridentfly

The topic of choosing a fly rod for Bonefish is particularly relevant as we muddle through the winter season here in Maine and begin looking forward to warm-weather saltwater getaways. Whether you’re venturing to the Bahamas, Belize, or even Hawaii, a proper Bonefish setup can play a significant role in making or breaking the trip of a lifetime. In-Depth knowledge of fisheries, weather patterns, and personal preferences is imperative when traveling to fly fish, and choosing the right fly rod for Bonefish follows these three reflections closely. Read on to find out which Bonefish rod is for you.

https://www.tridentflyfishing.com/blog/bonefish-bonanza-how-to-choose-a-fly-rod-for-bonefish/

Attachments

Timbow

Whether you’re venturing to the Bahamas, Belize, or even Hawaii, a proper Bonefish setup can play a significant role in making or breaking the trip of a lifetime. /
Says the guy who sells “setups” for a living. Having fished for my share of bonefish all over the world, I’ll take a strong double haul, ability to cast on different planes, good sunglasses and line handling ability over top end gear. I am a gear junkie, but deep down I know that it isn’t the cool gear that gets it done

Hem

Lived in the Keys for 6 months back in the mid eighties. Caught my share of Bonefish with a basic 2pc graphite rug beater, a Plueger fly reel and whatever fly line was available. It was ALL about presentation and understanding "the take".

Chris Scoones

WFF Admin
If you have an article to share here, then feel free but share it here, not just a link or BS intro with a link to more. If your just spamming a link to your content elsewhere, that's an approach we'd prefer to not see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts