FS Wtb sage rods and spare spools

Reeltrout

Get the Z Axis. No comparison. Better yet, find a SAGE ONE. Epic rod that is light in hand, super fast action, and well suited for intended purpose. I have owned all 3 models mentioned above and now have 5 SAGE ONE'S.

Richard E

How is the action compared to a rpl+ or the xp. is the z axis quicker action rod. Ty
XP’s, generally, in my opinion that seems to be popularly shared, can be considered one line heavier than their rod designation.

The RPL+ is a stiff rod rod with a stiff tip. So, stiff but not as fast as the XP or the Z.

The Z is more true to line weight.

I have owned all 3 models, in 5 weight 9’ rods. I much prefer the Z. Sold my RPL+ to get an SP+. Sold the SP+ after acquiring the XP. Cast a friend’s Z, and promptly replaced the XP with a Z Axis. Still own the Z.

Yesterday at 7:20 PM
I am rather partial to Z axis rods this is what I have in just the Z Model line:
2 of the 4904
one 5864, one 5904
one 5 wt spey
two 6904, one 6902
one 7 wt spey
three 8904,
one 8 wt spey
as you can see I clearly have an affinity and a problem lol!
I own X AND Ones... the z-axis hold its own against any of them. It's way more forgiving than the sage one. And a little slower than the X

Hey,
Get the Z Axis. No comparison. Better yet, find a SAGE ONE. Epic rod that is light in hand, super fast action, and well suited for intended purpose. I have owned all 3 models mentioned above and now have 5 SAGE ONE'S.
Hi, isn't the z-axis a sage rod?

I have a 2 piece, 9 foot z axis 8 wt, a 4 piece 9 foot Z axis 8 weight and maybe a 5 weight 8.6 Z axis (not sure about this one). Have an Xi3 9 foot custom rod (B blank) 10 weight. Have a Sage Vantage 5904...all for sale!

Richard E

Yesterday at 7:20 PM
I am rather partial to Z axis rods this is what I have in just the Z Model line:
2 of the 4904
one 5864, one 5904
one 5 wt spey
two 6904, one 6902
one 7 wt spey
three 8904,
one 8 wt spey
as you can see I clearly have an affinity and a problem lol!
I own X AND Ones... the z-axis hold its own against any of them. It's way more forgiving than the sage one. And a little slower than the X
I see an affinity here, and good taste, but not a problem!

Latest posts