Old Eyes...I Can Relate To This

so I took my readers off and looked ant the text here...i can read it all ...but it's soert of like your vision when you start to get drunky and have to close one eye not to see double...
Skip, maybe you would like bifocals better if like me you can't even read the title without the readers or see what brand of car is in front of you at a stop light without the distance prescription.;)

Jeremy Floyd

fly fishing my way through life
240,000 on mine...was thinking about having it detailed...the red paint has been accused of going pink...actually Ellen and an old friend taunted me about it...
Strap 10# of zinc to the frame, and run ground wires from head and block and tranny. Never had a head blow from galvanic corrosion. My rebuild was from the oil pump failing.

Skip Enge

Skip, maybe you would like bifocals better if like me you can't even read the title without the readers or see what brand of car is in front of you at a stop light without the distance prescription.;)
My painting would be interesting...Matisse switched to paper cut out "paintings" once he couldn't see what the hell he was doing...but they were kinda good anyway... ;)

Skip Enge

Strap 10# of zinc to the frame, and run ground wires from head and block and tranny. Never had a head blow from galvanic corrosion. My rebuild was from the oil pump failing.
what does your comment have to do with my pinkish oxidized paint color...just wondering... thanks! I am not mechanical

Jeremy Floyd

fly fishing my way through life
what does your comment have to do with my pinkish oxidized paint color...just wondering... thanks! I am not mechanical
The most common failure on those Toyota’s is galvanic corrosion (same thing as biting aluminum foil with amalgam fillings, it creates millivolts of electricity). Trying to save you bucks brother.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I didn't like the line on my bifocals when doing things outdoors. They were fine for indoors. My brother has those progressive trifocals, and he likes' 'em.

I don't know how many time I have read that, and yet have worn sunglasses with bifocals for years, and never once have experienced that.

I wade the Madison ,and there are a lot easier rivers to wade, and have never had vision problems looking down. Its more needing a wading stick to stay upright in that river . :)
I’ve had to let my eyes “learn” how to automatically deal with my un-lined trifocals. I’ve been wearing them for forty five plus years now, and occasionally still stumble when looking down into the water, especially while wading. I just need to be extra mindful of it.
I agree with what @IveofIone said though. We’re all really fortunate to live in a time when our sight can usually be corrected at nominal cost, giving us years of wonderful improved sight. It wasn’t always this way and I for one, am grateful.

Same as using “zincs” on boats ... cool adaptation for vehicles. I wonder if that would solve the galvanic problem on VW Vanagons. I owned several in my early years and it was a common problem on them.

Last edited:

Old Man

Just an Old Man
On glasses with the lines. The Bifocal and the trifocals only take a little portion of the lens. As the Progressive ones go all the way across the lens. After you have been wearing these kinds of glasses for over 70 years, you learn how to see out of them.

Latest posts