NFR BasketBall

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Anybody on here interested in This sport. Whether it be Pro's or College. You just have to hand it to the Washington Huskies
16 and 4 and 7 and 0 in league play. That new coach has really got them playing good. They are even winning away games.. I sure hope they can keep this up and go a long way.

JACKspASS

The Dawgs have been great to watch. That zone defense and specifically Thybulle, have been outstanding. I love watching good defense, it usually leads to fast break, easy offense too. Dickerson has been good in the post, needs to stop flopping around, Carter is immensely improved, Green is still a dangerous spot up three shooter and Nowell can be a game changer.... I like the direction Hopkins is taking them. Just had a commitment from a 5* center!

IveofIone

From the George Mikan days I have been a Laker fan-long before they moved to LA. Mikan was basketball's first big man and really changed the landscape of the game. I watched all of the Laker greats-Elgin, Wilt, my favorite Jerry West, Magic, really liked James Worthy, Gail Goodrich, Kareem and of course Kobe. Those guys won a lot of championships and Show Time was particularly entertaining.

But now they have the dickish Labron and I could care less, I won't even watch them anymore. I follow Gonzaga because they are local and their coach is a fellow fly fisherman but overall basketball just lacks something. Too many 3 pointers now, they need to move the 3 point line back another 2 feet and cut down on the perimeter game. The game used to be played around the basket but has really migrated outward over the years.

With both basketball and football requiring freakishly large players I always liked baseball more because a normal sized guy could have a great career, I could relate to that. But now even baseball has forsaken it's roots and many of the games are reduced to home run derbies. Still, baseball means spring runoff, chironomids, mayflies, open lakes, west slope cutthroats, nice weather, trips with good buddies and all the joy a new season brings.

Basketball and football? End of the season, campgrounds closed, plowing snow, building fires, big electric bills, darkness with long nights and short days and miserable weather.

If you like good basketball then you should watch the Warriors They are probably the best team ever assembled. Better than that they actually thrive on ball movement and defense. They play the game the right way.

I can’t stand CBK because it’s a total sham. One and done just sucks. I can’t leep track of freshman players.

I do like Gonzaga because they seem to be a team that develops players to complete with the elite recruiting teams.

fivefish

Diehard Clippers fan here. Still holding out hope Steve Ballmer moves them up here. I've been wanting to go to a Huskies game though. I miss being able to go to Clippers games and I need to watch some basketball.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
If you like good basketball then you should watch the Warriors They are probably the best team ever assembled. Better than that they actually thrive on ball movement and defense. They play the game the right way.

I can’t stand CBK because it’s a total sham. One and done just sucks. I can’t leep track of freshman players.

I do like Gonzaga because they seem to be a team that develops players to complete with the elite recruiting teams.
Your going to have to tell me what CBK means. Looked it up but no meaning for it.

Note of interest here. When people us Initials instead of words. You should also put in the body of your paragraph what it means. I'm old now and my brain can't keep up with what the new world is all about. Need help along the way.

Latest posts