NFR BasketBall

Old Man

Just an Old Man
The U Dub has a few big Freshmen in the wings. One is 7 Feet tall and the other one is 7'4" 260 lbs. If he can get them coordinated they should be good for a few years. Usually kids that big tend to stumble over their feet. LOL

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
The U Dub has a few big Freshmen in the wings. One is 7 Feet tall and the other one is 7'4" 260 lbs. If he can get them coordinated they should be good for a few years. Usually kids that big tend to stumble over their feet. LOL
Or have bricks for hands....
SF

BDD

UW had a little luck in beating Oregon last week. UO's press caused UW a lot of turnovers...at times they looked like they didn't know how to beat it. They were gifted the foul at the end, allowing the game winning free throws. But it was the first win in Eugene in a long time and that is what counts.

Not a big fan of launching all the 3's that seem to have taken over the game. I open a church gym a couple times a week and we play pick up games...mostly 4 on 4. Most of the kids that show up are right out of high school and most of them didn't play varsity ball so the talent and skill are not really there. That I can live with but what bothers me is the lack of desire to learn the fundamentals. They'd rather launch the 3 from half court and play the isolation game rather than pass, rebound, and play defense. But I guess it is better playing ball in church at night than a lot of other things they could be doing.

I liked the Sonics back in the day. I remember when they won the championship in 1979. And I enjoyed their success with Payton, Kemp, and Karl. If it hadn't been for Jordan, they probably would have won another championship. After they moved, I quit following the NBA except for the playoffs.

Of course, Jordan was one of the greatest and perhaps the greatest competitor of all but if you compare stats, nobody even comes close to what Chamberlain accomplished individually as a player. Here are some things nobody else has ever done. Only 100 point game in history, averaged 50 points per game over a season (nobody else has ever averaged 40 a game), and averaged 30 points and 20 rebounds a game. A couple of other trivia: never fouled out of a game, one year he averaged over 48 minutes per game (he played every minute plus overtime games), and even led the league in assists...at 7' 1". Free throw shooting was his only kryptonite.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
They have a better record of 7 of the top 25 and that can't even crack the poll. If you don't play your games east of the Mississippi they just don't take notice of who you are. That's why the west coast takes it in the shorts in March Madness.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
They have a better record of 7 of the top 25 and that can't even crack the poll. If you don't play your games east of the Mississippi they just don't take notice of who you are. That's why the west coast takes it in the shorts in March Madness.
I think it has more to do with the perception of the PAC 12 conference this year.
Of the power five conferences, they are definitely at the bottom of the hoops barrel this year.
SF

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I admit to being a homer ...A bit of a Blazers fan...used to be more of a fan...Back in the early 1991 I designed a big exhibit called Blazermania, met Bill Walton, Terry Porter, Kersey...etc etc...at the opening...it was cool...but i never sit and watch sports...I might listen on the radio while working in the shop though...I like radio for sports...it's nostalgic...whiole you do something else not involving beer and arse meets chair or sofa...

Loved watching the Zags beat Udub again.
I loved it that UW actually were able to play with the Zags for a change. That game convinced me that UW had a team that could play this year. Hopkins has instilled much more of a team ethic than Romar did. Romar's run and gun style was great for recruiting high school stars who only wanted one season in college to show off and then jump to the pros. I have been impressed with the balance on this team this year. The opponents can't just shut down one player and expect to win.

I'm with Jackspass; I like good defense and Thybulle is a lot of fun to watch!

IveofIone

Well, the soap opera of the NBA trading deadline has come and gone. What a shit show! The drama of Anthony Davis leaving for LA dominated the sports news for weeks and rendered the Super Bowl hype little more than a sideshow. Much ado about nothing and in the end no real blockbuster trades took place although the Lakers offered their entire starting team except for Labron in trade for Davis. Cooler heads prevailed on the part of New Orleans and the Lakers came away with some serious egg on their face. Magic Johnson looked like an idiot and his reputation took a beating. Labron wanted to trade all of the young guys and get the coach fired as well. Somehow nothing happened and they are as pathetic now as they were before all this intrigue started.

My advice for Jeanie Buss-sell the team, take the billion dollars and live happily ever after without the embarrassment of Magic Johnson stepping on his own dick. I don't see them ever getting great again, the chemistry just isn't there. Sell the franchise to someone that knows what they are doing and if you just want to watch good basketball watch the Warriors. The Lakers is dead.

Latest posts