NFR BasketBall

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Final
UW 78
USC 75
That should seal their ticket to the big dance.
Depending on what they did the rest of the tournament, I’m thinking a 9 or 10 seed.
SF

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Just what do these games in each conference prove. A shitty team beats a power house but they still don't get to go to the big show. These tourney's, I mean Washington is the top dog in the PAC 12 don't prove a thing. They've already been picked along with Arizona State. So why do they need to prove they are good. Look at Gonzaga, they lost but still go as a No. 1. I think Spokane shut down for one day so the people could all have a good cry,

This can't be a way to generate money for the schools because some of these teams didn't have anybody at them. Plus the prices are out of this world for a college BB game. I'd have to save my pension checks to just think of going to one game.

Or is it just for show.

Just what do these games in each conference prove. A shitty team beats a power house but they still don't get to go to the big show. These tourney's, I mean Washington is the top dog in the PAC 12 don't prove a thing. They've already been picked along with Arizona State. So why do they need to prove they are good. Look at Gonzaga, they lost but still go as a No. 1. I think Spokane shut down for one day so the people could all have a good cry,

This can't be a way to generate money for the schools because some of these teams didn't have anybody at them. Plus the prices are out of this world for a college BB game. I'd have to save my pension checks to just think of going to one game.

Or is it just for show.
I hear ya, but, the conferences spread the money around to all teams, so if they are not in, it moves cash around equally. Even home gates/tickets.

The only games where a crummy teams beats a good team and it matters is when an automatic bid championship game is won by the cinderella bad team. Then, a deserving good team gets bounced out the one-less-spot in the final 68 tourney.

Gotta figure it is all about NCAA $ and fleecing every cent out of the madness.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I was watching one of the Games on the WCC the other day and there was nobody in the stands. A few brave souls here and there. But no crowds there. But it was a no nothing game anyway. Plus why do they have to go to Las Vegas for their tourneys anyway. What's wrong with all the games at one of the schools of the conference. This way they wouldn't have to pay Las Vegas for rooms. Keep the money in the Conference.

Krusty

Or is it just for show.
Hey Old Man, I live in Spokane, and could give a fuck about how Gonzaga does.

Of course that goes for any teams, any sports, anywhere.

Snopro

No, the Dawgs will be in regardless of the results of today’s game.
SF
Even if they get the beat down from a 6 seed? ;)

"The Huskies look like dogs who are wandering aimlessly in the desert." You have to love BW.

Congrats to the Ducks. Conference of champions, champs.

Last edited:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Even if they get the beat down from a 6 seed? ;)
Nope, they were already in regardless of the outcome of yesterday’s game, which they sleep walked through. They looked like Gonzaga in their championship game against St. Mary’s.
Good win by the Ducks.
SF

Those conference championship games where the favored team is a lock, win or lose, playing a team that is most likely playing for their lives and only way to get into tournament, have a funny way of being consistent upsets.

Backed into a corner with a guaranteed golden ticket to get in makes those outcomes often like we have seen..an Oregon, St Mary's win.

Last edited:

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I only have one question. Why do they shoot so many damn 3's. Shit nothing was falling for them. And they aren't really 3 point shooters. There wasn't anybody on the Husky's in double figures. What happened to their shooters.

Snopro

What happened to their shooters.
Smothering Ducks defense. It's hard to score if the other team keeps stealing the ball and blocking your shots.:D

The Ducks had a bunch of calls go their way and the Dogs were ice cold shooting. Oregon came up with a lot of 50/50 plays, looked like they wanted it more. As stated above the Ducks had to win and UW didn't.

Last edited:

Latest posts