Talk me out of a SOTAR Strike for MT

BDD

802-thanks, I just looked myself as well. I see they even warranty the valves for 10 years. The valve on my last one was funky the day it arrived. It sticks so you have to use pliers to open and shut rather than index finger. Not worth sending back...if it ever gets worse, I'll probably just replace the valve.

SERE Nate

It's a 2015 I believe and only has 2 baffles. Not going to work for the off grid trips I'm looking at doing

SpokaneFisherman

Well If you change your mind again.. Sotar Spring Sale starts March 26th. 10% off builds and an additional 5% off in-stock rafts.
Did you get this info from Sotar directly? When I called last week they said there is no spring pricing on custom builds... Wondering if they were trying to encourage me to order now instead of wait for the sale?

Last edited:

SpokaneFisherman

I believe their warrenty is shortened to 4-6 years if your using it for commercial purposes.
I was told by Sotar that the warranty is only valid for the original purchaser. Is that not the case? If so I turned down a killer deal on a used strike for no reason...

802flyfish

Sotar rafts are bomber, they use the best materials and make every boat by hand. I wouldn’t let just the warrenty prevent you from purchasing a used Sotar. They say it’s non “transferable” but I’ve heard of instances where they make exceptions.

Sotar Strike

The hardest part is picking the boat you want.

Last edited:

802flyfish

Did you get this info from Sotar directly? When I called last week they said there is no spring pricing on custom builds... Wondering if they were trying to encourage me to order now instead of wait for the sale?

If you have Facebook, check out the Sotar Strike Page. They posted,

“Hey Kevin, this is a pretty sweet color combo and we only sold a couple this color in the past so you'd unlikely see another like it on the river. If we put this boat on our preseason order and get a deposit- you'll get 10% off! Just sayin...btw, the is a sweet steelhead.”

SpokaneFisherman

If you have Facebook, check out the Sotar Strike Page. They posted,

“Hey Kevin, this is a pretty sweet color combo and we only sold a couple this color in the past so you'd unlikely see another like it on the river. If we put this boat on our preseason order and get a deposit- you'll get 10% off! Just sayin...btw, the is a sweet steelhead.”
It's funny you should reference that particular FB post because that's me they're talking to. The pre season pricing was for their order back in December. I wasn't ready to pull the trigger then and missed it...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts