NFR Snow

Peyton00

I want a bit more snow. The sleds are ready. The quad has been used and abused. Today there is no reason to miss out on the fun in the sun.
It will be gone from the puget sound in a week or so and then the ugly pavement will be the norm.
I love all 4 season.

I want a bit more snow. The sleds are ready. The quad has been used and abused. Today there is no reason to miss out on the fun in the sun.
It will be gone from the puget sound in a week or so and then the ugly pavement will be the norm.
I love all 4 season.
I sent my Flexible flyer from 1953 to my grandsons about 5 years ago...it was wood burned by my grandpa as a gift when I was born...it said Leslie Herman "Skipper" 1953...grandpa Herman...had a "Rosebud" feel to it. it was fast... It was sent to CA where they lived...no chance of use there, then they moved to CO . south of Denver...It's getting used or "modified"

jwg

I'm pretty much drifted in. Front door & walk is plugged. I can still get out the patio door & both garage doors. I'm done shoveling other than clearing my dog's privy so I can pick-up deposits immediately. I'll await shoveling help later today or tomorrow at the latest. I heed my favorite movie line quote: "A man's got to know his limitations." I will trek down to the mailbox later when the snow quits. We have had much more snow here, but the wind yesterday made this storm brutal to the point that I couldn't stay ahead of it. My dog thinks the drifts are big fun, however.
Yup, my first foray out will be through the garage door.
Otherwise a snow drift will fall inside the house.

I'll struggle to aim for adequate today, as opposed to looks good, with regard to clearing snow.

My musings about getting a snowblower, and looking up how I would want a two stage model for my gravel drive, come back to me now.

j

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Temp just climbed above 32 F on my porch. A pair of visiting Alaskan Robbins (aka Varied Thrush) are out ripping into one of my compost piles that is in the sun...they broke through the light frost and hit the worm jackpot. There is a light bit of frost in the shade. No snow here at the Beach, though.

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
On Friday i was driving home when the snow started falling in huge fat flakes, some of them as large as as baby’s hand. My 88 year old Thursday pub buddy had called and asked if i would pick up some instant coffee on my way home. (Frustrating because he had only the day before asked me to take him grocery shopping but didn’t remember coffee). But i said i would pick it up on my way home.

Before i even pulled in to the store i could see cars circling the parking lot looking for a spot. It’s always the case, the excited weatherfolks warn us for days that a storm is headed our way and people still wait until the last minute to stock up. I’m always amazed at how they behave as if it’s the Apocalypse but fail to plan until the last minute. Needless to say Chuck had to go without instant coffee because i did not go in. NO way i’m waiting in line for one jar of shitty coffee.

So we walked there yesterday to get it for him and found the store more empty of people, including empty shelves. I do love living close to walking distance from a store during these times.

jwg

I have two snow shovels, a shop broom and a square bladed spade.

Apparently this was not enough, my next door neighbor brought over one of his, which he said was lighter and the snow does not stick. He was right. I think it was actually a feed shovel.

J

I looked on line couldn't find what I used today...I shoveled 120' of driveway...U handle no wheels...worked great...I am tired but WTH it worked...

Latest posts