NFR Snow

Smalma

Even with all this snow the cascade mountain snow pack continues to be below average and at some sites well below average. Starting to look like another year of below average low flows this year; hope the next month brings significant mountain snows.

Curt

Sg, with my 1,100' driveway it is either plow or perish! I start out in the fall with around 20+' of width but even with two 6' blades on my tractor eventually the berms are so high that the road narrows down to about 7-8'. At that point I call in the big boys with a tracked snow plow and they open the road up again to almost the original width. With heavy snow forecast in the next few days I will probably have a luge track again and need some help turning it back into a road.

Salmo_g

Sg, with my 1,100' driveway it is either plow or perish! I start out in the fall with around 20+' of width but even with two 6' blades on my tractor eventually the berms are so high that the road narrows down to about 7-8'. At that point I call in the big boys with a tracked snow plow and they open the road up again to almost the original width. With heavy snow forecast in the next few days I will probably have a luge track again and need some help turning it back into a road.
Well of course. If I got 12 feet of snow like you, I'd have to reconsider.

jwg

What's all this nonsense about shoveling and plowing driveways?

Have Subaru, will travel. Not that I need to go anywhere, but I can if I want to. We are getting low on salsa I noticed. Maybe go to the store tomorrow.
with winds to 40 mph on the east side, drifts to 2.5 feet for some distance over the gravel drive, and 3.5 feet on the lee side of the house.

This was a memorable storm over here.

Subaru has been freed from confinement and is now pre-positioned much closer to the road way.

j

What's all this nonsense about shoveling and plowing driveways?

Have Subaru, will travel. Not that I need to go anywhere, but I can if I want to. We are getting low on salsa I noticed. Maybe go to the store tomorrow.
Around here if we wait until tomorrow there likely wouldn't be any salsa left in either store!

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
The ones with a poly plow blade & offset handle are good. Mine have everything but the offset handle; except for the fact that I have to bend a little more, I have no complaints & they have worn well. Snow doesn't stick to poly scoop very often. I WILL own a snow blower before next winter! 4" of snow & up gets a blow job. Aluminum scoop shovels work good also when digging through drifts is required; I spray the blade surface before I start. Tomorrow I'm getting my roof cleared - way too much weight up there with the drifts. It will be a prudent expenditure and I sure as shit ain't getting on the roof, even if the landing after I slide off would be softer, lol.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Have Subaru, will travel.
Subies are challenged around here on side streets because of the many drifts. I'll stick with my truck & I had to use low range with that & snow tires a couple times today. My little Jeep is on standby in the garage should a snowpocalypse occur.

Latest posts