What’s Catching You Fish?

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
In the spirit of the What’s in Your Vise thread, where all of these truly wonderful works of art are shown, I thought it might be nice to see those works of art in action.

Some folks have already done this, but how about a picture of the fly in the vise and then the same fly in a fish?

This is @b_illymac ’s pattern called The Gloater 60D2E1FF-EC48-4395-9D42-367FB6FA7AEE.jpeg
And this is a resident coho that ate it under an indicator in the salt.
A22F6667-F95F-4578-A62B-656C02028F71.jpeg

Rob Allen

I went fishing for the first time since September on Saturday. Rainbows appeared to be starting to spawn but i found one rising to midges in a deeper pool.
I got him to eat a greased up Rs2 twice but missed him both times.

Jamie Wilson

In the spirit of the What’s in Your Vise thread, where all of these truly wonderful works of art are shown, I thought it might be nice to see those works of art in action.

Some folks have already done this, but how about a picture of the fly in the vise and then the same fly in a fish?

This is @b_illymac ’s pattern called The Gloater View attachment 191992
And this is a resident coho that ate it under an indicator in the salt.
View attachment 191993
looks like the bottom fish got a bloody eye

NRC

Herring fly and hatchery coho on my 6wt.

View attachment 192014View attachment 192015
@Kfish , is that fly adapted from this SBS? Looks similar!

https://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/129483/

I started tying pretty recently, and I'm wanting to get decent at tying up herring patterns by coho season. I've been trying to work through that SBS, with mixed results (can't figure out the EP brush palmering part). Curious if you use the same materials in your ties!

Kfish

@Kfish , is that fly adapted from this SBS? Looks similar!

https://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/129483/

I started tying pretty recently, and I'm wanting to get decent at tying up herring patterns by coho season. I've been trying to work through that SBS, with mixed results (can't figure out the EP brush palmering part). Curious if you use the same materials in your ties!
Yes that's the one, @mtskibum16 SBS.
I do use the same material more or less. You just wind it forward a few wraps and brush it back. Perhaps Matt can give you some tips @mtskibum16.

NRC

Yes that's the one, @mtskibum16 SBS.
I do use the same material more or less. You just wind it forward a few wraps and brush it back. Perhaps Matt can give you some tips @mtskibum16.
Thanks! I just did some youtubing and figured out what I was doing wrong w/ the EP brush (it was not something that reflects well on my problem-solving or fly tying skills). Just created my first reasonable-looking version of this fly, which obviously hasn't earned the right to get posted to this thread just yet.

And thanks to @mtskibum16 for the original SBS!

Latest posts