What’s Catching You Fish?

mtskibum16

Yes that's the one, @mtskibum16 SBS.
I do use the same material more or less. You just wind it forward a few wraps and brush it back. Perhaps Matt can give you some tips @mtskibum16.
Uh not really beyond that. I just adapted some methods from Gunnar Brammer. Check out his videos on YouTube. I think that method is from his jerk flies (search jerk jr maybe).
Edit: I see you found some clarification @NRC. Glad you like it and hope you have success with it!

Ian Horning

Powerbait Entomologist
I think the last fish I caught on a fly was a bull trout back in late December. He ate a Bull Buster unsurprisingly. Since then I have ditched the weighted flies and micro skagit heads for an all-out assault on winter steelhead on the long rod. I've had 2 grabs, nothing more. I think my mindset is right, though.... I get super excited about the days when something bumped my flies, and enjoy the process in general a ton.

With that being said, I'm looking at my and 7 weight and getting the streamer itch again. Operation: Winter Steelhead on a stripped bug? Might not be as ridiculous as it sounds.

Northern

It's all good.
I don't think it was this exact same fly in this particular Yakima RB, but multiple size & color variations of this fly were money on slow days last summer/fall. This bow was my buddy's fish on my tie - if you look close you can see the wing in his mouth. (I don't often take pics of my own fish...not that coordinated!)
20181004_013150.jpg 20181004_012953.jpg
20190206_200411.jpg

Latest posts