What’s Catching You Fish?

Bowbonehead

Nice minnow pattern..... is that colored flash under a mylar body or done with markers and then coated.... ? either way it looks super fishy....

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
Nice minnow pattern..... is that colored flash under a mylar body or done with markers and then coated.... ? either way it looks super fishy....
If you are talking the one I posted above; Mylar body (ez body I believe the material is called?), red head cement covered by plastic fish mask and then UV cure. Underneath is red/yellow/orange ep fiber blend. I also, UV cured down some green predator wrap on top to give that green slightly spotted back.

Honestly, the pattern as tied looks better in the vice then it fishes. Not a lot of movement in the tail. I plan on playing around with it some more this week. Probably tie them a tad longer, add some more material to give the back half of the fly more movement when stripped. Iwas thinking bunny somehow but I have to experiment a bit to see if it would work. I hope that will make it a bit more durable as well. Two fish yesterday and the tail was toast for the most part.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
My credit card.. I work next to Ujimaya! Need to get out fishing.. maybe on Wednesday this week...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts