What’s Catching You Fish?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I have a Brodin Zebrawood net from 30+years ago. It is about 8 inches long. I don't even think a frog will fit in it. Maybe the worst thought-out buy ever.

I had a net that was perfect for searuns while wading. Good hoop size and deep enough that fish didn’t flop out like they were on a trampoline when netted.
I took some heavy November waves while fishing the canal and it popped it off the net magnet.
Miracles happen and my buddy found it floating in the canal two weeks after I lost it.
Fast forward to fall of that same year. Took some heavy late September waves and it popped off again. I’ll never use those magnets again.
No chance for a third life. I wonder who found it and what MA it ended up in? Based on the tides and wind, MA 9 or 10 would be my guess but who knows.
SF

Matt B

WFF Supporter
I had a net that was perfect for searuns while wading. Good hoop size and deep enough that fish didn’t flop out like they were on a trampoline when netted.
I took some heavy November waves while fishing the canal and it popped it off the net magnet.
Miracles happen and my buddy found it floating in the canal two weeks after I lost it.
Fast forward to fall of that same year. Took some heavy late September waves and it popped off again. I’ll never use those magnets again.
No chance for a third life. I wonder who found it and what MA it ended up in? Based on the tides and wind, MA 9 or 10 would be my guess but who knows.
SF
One could learn a lot from this post, about net size practicality, good months to fish searuns, and—apparently—the fact that stonefish operates on “water years.” Makes sense.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info