What’s Catching You Fish?

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
This squirmy thing....

xmq3PtB.jpg

put this little fella in the net....

eAbUevl.jpg

It was kinda nice getting after fish that you can pattern....even if I still screwed up the rest of the eats I got (let them eat, let them eat, let them eat!!!). This whole flats stuff is so different than any other fishing I do, but fun as hell.

Buzzy

This squirmy thing....

xmq3PtB.jpg

put this little fella in the net....

eAbUevl.jpg

It was kinda nice getting after fish that you can pattern....even if I still screwed up the rest of the eats I got (let them eat, let them eat, let them eat!!!). This whole flats stuff is so different than any other fishing I do, but fun as hell.
Nicely done!! Have you shared this fly or the recipe? If not (hint, hint) - I haven't yet tryed the squirmy stuff but...... what fly tyer in his right mind doesn't need something added to their collection?

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Nicely done!! Have you shared this fly or the recipe? If not (hint, hint) - I haven't yet tryed the squirmy stuff but...... what fly tyer in his right mind doesn't need something added to their collection?

I'm torn on the squirmy. It moves great, but they really aren't all that durable. The pattern is exactly what it looks like....haha! rabbit, squirmy, weight. Considering my lack of carp experience, I don't want to give anyone the impression that this is a "money" fly based on the sample size of one...

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
Got to fish a new river today
20210806_100109.jpg
and feel bad having had to kill a couple. The fish were so keyed on stoneflies that they took really deep. The big one inhaled the stimulator the moment it hit the water, and a bit later the little one swallowed the pats on an induced take lift.
20210806_102755.jpg
Makeshift creel, and got a cup of ice on the way in. Seasoned flour breading, fried in skillet of butter and caramelized WW onions over wild rice for dinner the wife said.

Attachments

• 20210806_103038 (2).jpg
    20210806_103038 (2).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

thatguyryry

I was on a remote beach on North Vancouver Island and the photo wouldn't load. Pink salmon also take baitfish patterns which goes against the usual "pink for pinks" advice. View attachment 291277
Just pulling your arm, we are starting to catch pinks on our standard king trolling gear down here in 11. Definitely doesn't have to be the standard pink gear.

I did see our first jumpers over the weekend, but they seemed pretty boat shy.

Good looking fly btw

Eroksolfe

Went out of Big Bear Lake to just practice my single hand spey casts and ended up getting this 18” beauty a buggy Pats Rubber legs. Didn’t expect a SoCal lake fish to have such good colors.

Also fun to out-catch the worm dunkers :) (this coming from a recovering worm dunker).
5E160589-CE25-4786-93AB-B0B9763151FC.jpeg 651C5543-7411-4E80-9E90-59E4CF04B22C.jpeg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts