Fly line cleaner

"Never, ever use Saltwater on a Rio PVC fly line. It breaks down the bond and results in very poor durability. The line will dry out and harden with constant use in Saltwater. We recommend a mild soapy water with a flannel to clean the line, then if you want to re-lubricate it, apply a 100% silicone, though very lightly. All PVC fly lines use silicone as a lubricant, so it is best to use the base ingredient to prolong the line's life."

:D:p

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
"Never, ever use Saltwater on a Rio PVC fly line. It breaks down the bond and results in very poor durability. The line will dry out and harden with constant use in Saltwater. We recommend a mild soapy water with a flannel to clean the line, then if you want to re-lubricate it, apply a 100% silicone, though very lightly. All PVC fly lines use silicone as a lubricant, so it is best to use the base ingredient to prolong the line's life."

:D:p
Who would have ever guessed?????? :cool:
SF

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
OK, After several years of intermittent use, I finally decided to really clean my fly lines. This was a couple of years ago, before my fishing was temporarily put on hold, or reigned in, by an irregular heartbeat and some injuries. So now I have a few reels loaded with clean lines...I suppose that I should go dirty up these otherwise useless things.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I don't remember what I used for a cleaning solvent, but I don't suggest usiing Russian vodka. Recently, I had th opportuityu t compar're Russian vodka with Amrican vodks, an I mus cunfes that McKOrmick Amercan vudka is moa bettzh! Smutha an kleena taastng! :confused:

wetswinger

Airflo Whizz Lube is the bomb. Made my old sticky line fly through the quides. Slicker than a honeymoon d**k....Their recommendation for textured lines also..

Latest posts