Cedar River opening?

AdrianM

I am no longer new here!
The regulations state Saturday before memorial day weekend. Does this mean it's open on May 18th??? Why the departure from First Saturday in June?

1549641146092.png

AdrianM

I am no longer new here!
Gotcha. I read that wrong. But still, opening in May is different than in the past yes?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
The skinny water used to always open in May. Along with the High lakes. Those at the Fish and Wildlife service change their mind at the drop of a hat. They close things down without checking things out. They remind me of a bunch of Kindergarteners. They couldn't make up their minds if they could.

Matt B

Well, WDFW did say they were going to try to simplify the regs. That’s a common opener for many streams so there’s that. Also, I implored them to maximize opportunity while still achieving protective objectives. Maybe others did too, and they responded.

AdrianM

I am no longer new here!
Agreed it can be misleading on what you can keep. Whitefish, fair game, everything else is wild. There might be the rare hatchery trout that somehow made it up there from Lake Washington, but doubtful.

Elliott5400

Agreed it can be misleading on what you can keep. Whitefish, fair game, everything else is wild. There might be the rare hatchery trout that somehow made it up there from Lake Washington, but doubtful.
I agree there probably is there verrrrrry slightest chance of coming across a rouge hatchery trout.

The CAST for kids event annually releases excess stock of trout in the net pens they setup right by the mouth of the river. I could definitely picture some of those trout making their way into the Cedar.

I'm pretty pumped we are slowly but surely approaching opener. It was one hell of a season for me and Kfish last year, I hope the system continues to produce despite the abuse it sees.

AdrianM

I am no longer new here!
I agree there probably is there verrrrrry slightest chance of coming across a rouge hatchery trout.

The CAST for kids event annually releases excess stock of trout in the net pens they setup right by the mouth of the river. I could definitely picture some of those trout making their way into the Cedar.

I'm pretty pumped we are slowly but surely approaching opener. It was one hell of a season for me and Kfish last year, I hope the system continues to produce despite the abuse it sees.
I'll have to hit it up with you guys sometime. Caught my first fish on a streamer with @Kfish Love me summertime on the Cedar.

Gary Thompson

dirty dog
I don't know of how many times I have found people fishing before the season opened because they were camping on Memorial Day weekend next to X river/creek

DukeCB

I sure would like this to be the season that the signs go up all along the Cedar. Seemed like we were so close to getting them made and in the ground. This could be a good first step to making some kind of difference in the poaching and general ignorance of so many.

Elliott5400

That'd be nice. Haven't heard much of what's up with that lately.

Stay diligent fellow anglers. We are a crucial line of defense as outdoorsmen when it comes to our resources. Having the local wardens personal # effectively gets shit done, and fast.

Kfish

Yeah I hope this year will be good as the last. It's OK too if last year was an anomaly, just shows the potential of that great little river that I live so close to.

mat1226

I'm in the camp of those that say "the more the merrier" when it comes to getting good stewards of the fishery out on the water. So in that regard I hope to wet a line in the Cedar this year for the first time ever. Our daughter now lives in Maple Valley, so it should not be too hard to get away from our granddaughters for a couple of hours.

Latest posts