NFR AAF

Give it some time. They had basically 4 weeks before their first games. It is paced much faster but one of the biggest things was.....Did you see Logan Woodside QB get nailed in the pocket with his helmet flying off? ....and no roughing the passer penalty? That right there makes it more like football than that other product.

Give it some time. They had basically 4 weeks before their first games. It is paced much faster but one of the biggest things was.....Did you see Logan Woodside QB get nailed in the pocket with his helmet flying off? ....and no roughing the passer penalty? That right there makes it more like football than that other product.
That was Mike Bercovici

Even with this Memphis/Birmingham game... I don't care about either of these teams (i mean, it's their first game ever, so there's zero history or feelings here). But the overall experience is pretty entertaining. Definitely hoping this sticks around.

those are the two main positions they're using this league to develop. these teams have also only been together less than a month. i think the offenses will come together as time goes on.

totally agree: It's interesting who they have at certain positions- usually any semi-functioning QB and OL find a home on practice squads or the CFL. I haven't really heard of a lot of the skill players so its fun to see who will rise to the top. I love football of any kind- so I'll be watching

I watched a couple of drives and noticed the quicker clock and fewer commercials (no TV timeouts). The other thing that really stuck out to me was the rule that only allows five defenders to rush the passer. I'm pretty sure that this rule was designed for player safety but it seems to have a beneficial (to me) side affect, damn few holding calls! There is now a blocker for every rusher, every time, if not even outnumbering the rushers.

IMO holding calls are ruining the NFL and anyway to diminish the number, short of discarding the rule would be a bonus. I have never understood the need for O-line holding penalties. Why? Why is it a problem if they hold? Isn't their job to protect the passer? Pass rushers can windmill, swim move etc. through the line and the poor O-line can only keep their hands inside the shoulder pads.

Defensive backs and receiver holding should be eliminated also. If the receiver doesn't want to be held, get separation. How? Give them a running start at the line of scrimmage like in arena ball.
The problem is to few college players come to the league ready to play. I remember Madden saying he would never draft a lineman in the first round cause none of them were worth a damn for a year. With all the spread offenses in college it's gotten worse. He also said if he saw a college lineman who wrestled in college he drafted them, balance, foot work, leverage and hand fighting.

I

There's two more games today: one at 1pm and one at 5pm. You can stream straight from the aaf app or website if you don't have NFL Network/CBS Sports.
I went to aff website, downloaded both aaf app and cbs sports app. Still have not seen a play.
I would watch the YouTube replays, but they put the final score on the screen before you push play. :rolleyes:

I went to aff website, downloaded both aaf app and cbs sports app. Still have not seen a play.
I would watch the YouTube replays, but they put the final score on the screen before you push play. :rolleyes:
i was just posting highlights.

The streams from the AAF website/app were great on Saturday, but got messed up yesterday. I think they're still working out some kinks in the system. I just find streaming links on reddit or youtube during the game and watch that way if nothing else works. Same way I do for the NFL.

Didn't have time to watch any games this weekend, but I plan to watch some in the future.
I wish they started their season a bit later, like right around April 1st when the Mariners start playing.
SF
I think their strategy is that their season ends before the NFL draft and all that. That way, if players get picked up by an NFL team, there's no overlap in the seasons/training camps.

Latest posts