NFR AAF

I think their strategy is that their season ends before the NFL draft and all that. That way, if players get picked up by an NFL team, there's no overlap in the seasons/training camps.
That makes sense.
I am really excited about the XFL returning because we are getting a team here. My San Francisco Demons hat disintegrated a couple years ago.
You really can’t have too much football. Those that say that are not real fans! It’s the shortest season of all major sports by a lot, with the most popularity.
For the NFL, I really like John Clayton’s idea. Eliminate two preseason games and expand the regular season to 18 games. BUT make a rule that all players may only play in 17 regular season games. So less games for key players but incredibly strategic on how you play your starters. Especially Qb... Kicker... :eek:

IveofIone

You really can’t have too much football?

Complete bullshit! You already have way too much football. Spend some time with your families and teach them some values other than watching a violent spectator sport on TV. Any "sport" that can leave a prime physical specimen a drooling brain dead zombie before he is 50 is not something to aspire to. Hopefully some parents that have something other than shit for brains will steer their sons away from the sport. Maybe baseball where the pay is much better, the careers far longer, the retirement better and the chances of a debilitating injury minimal.

And an 18 game schedule is just pure madness. Already there isn't enough good quarterbacks to go around and with a longer season attrition will dilute the pool even more. If the league had any real concern for the players instead of dollars they would forever ban Thursday night games and reduce the schedule to no more than 15 games. Having a commissioner who is a puppet mouthpiece for greedy billionaire owners is not helping anything either.

Football is really fucked up right now, the league can't even determine what is a catch half of the time, the refs are wobbly old farts that don't see well and don't run well and even instant reply can't overcome their incompetence. College football may be even worse with the BCS grab by the big schools. Combine that with coaches that are now getting 5-6 million dollars a year while students run up enormous debts for their education. And the players that do all of the dirty work that make the coaches millions get nothing and can be suspended if they get so much as a meal, a jacket or borrow a luxury car for a date. It is a cash cow for a lot of sleazy bastards wearing blazers and lining their pockets with cash somehow in the name of sports.

For krise sake-aspire to something higher than "more football"

Just another B league for the NFL. Watched part of 2 games....won't watch anymore. Purdue vs Illinois, which are usually horrible to watch, is way more entertaining. And 5 minutes of those BS big 10 games are 3 minutes more than I can handle. Baseball is a great game to listen to while your busy in the shop and not really paying attention to it.

Just another B league for the NFL. Watched part of 2 games....won't watch anymore. Purdue vs Illinois, which are usually horrible to watch, is way more entertaining. And 5 minutes of those BS big 10 games are 3 minutes more than I can handle. Baseball is a great game to listen to while your busy in the shop and not really paying attention to it.
I tried that baseball thing. Discovered static was better...

Porter

I’m not a fan of more regular season games. I think they have it dialed in pretty good. Before it was 6 preseason games and 14 regular. 6 was to many. Coaches need a longer evaluation time especially now that practices are limited in numbers/hours/and limited contact. I think two preseason games doesn’t give enough game time evaluation of players especially of the free agent caliber. Another thing, some of the NFL's best and solid players would never had made the league if it were not for leagues like Arena, CFL, USFL, WFL, NFL Euro, Semi Pro leagues, etc. Sometimes guys don't hit their full stride until age 24-25-26, etc. Sometimes guys need 25-30 games before you see the real player, especially at QB. So much to process and such a mental game, they can be ruined before they get to the point were their physical skills start to really show. The we live in instant gratification society has reached the league. Little time wasted on losing, coaching is not only game planning and press conferences, but mostly teaching and developing players. Losing some of the latter.

Well thought out for the B leagues. All that matters is if people watch it it on tv. My guess is that they will for a very short period. I won't be one of them...I would rather watch reruns of Gunsmoke or Bonanza!

You really can’t have too much football?

Complete bullshit! You already have way too much football. Spend some time with your families and teach them some values other than watching a violent spectator sport on TV. Any "sport" that can leave a prime physical specimen a drooling brain dead zombie before he is 50 is not something to aspire to. Hopefully some parents that have something other than shit for brains will steer their sons away from the sport. Maybe baseball where the pay is much better, the careers far longer, the retirement better and the chances of a debilitating injury minimal.

And an 18 game schedule is just pure madness. Already there isn't enough good quarterbacks to go around and with a longer season attrition will dilute the pool even more. If the league had any real concern for the players instead of dollars they would forever ban Thursday night games and reduce the schedule to no more than 15 games. Having a commissioner who is a puppet mouthpiece for greedy billionaire owners is not helping anything either.

Football is really fucked up right now, the league can't even determine what is a catch half of the time, the refs are wobbly old farts that don't see well and don't run well and even instant reply can't overcome their incompetence. College football may be even worse with the BCS grab by the big schools. Combine that with coaches that are now getting 5-6 million dollars a year while students run up enormous debts for their education. And the players that do all of the dirty work that make the coaches millions get nothing and can be suspended if they get so much as a meal, a jacket or borrow a luxury car for a date. It is a cash cow for a lot of sleazy bastards wearing blazers and lining their pockets with cash somehow in the name of sports.

For krise sake-aspire to something higher than "more football"

Holy moly, thanks for the lecture.

I love football. So does my son. He's a damn good kid, in spite of my awful parenting and letting him watch such violence.

His values are exactly where they should be. In fact I am damn proud of the young man he has become and I certainly don't need to be taught parenting lessons on the Internet.

I dunno who pissed in your Insta-pot but I'd suggest taking a deep breath and finding a new outlet for your frustration. JFC.

JACKspASS

How did this turn into a debate about football vs baseball? I will definitely check out this new league. I have really fallen off the baseball and pro basketball wagon. Used to watch them religiously. College football and basketball are my favorite.
Shout out to women's volleyball too

Holy moly, thanks for the lecture.

I love football. So does my son. He's a damn good kid, in spite of my awful parenting and letting him watch such violence.

His values are exactly where they should be. In fact I am damn proud of the young man he has become and I certainly don't need to be taught parenting lessons on the Internet.

I dunno who pissed in your Insta-pot but I'd suggest taking a deep breath and finding a new outlet for your frustration. JFC.
Good on you Nick. Being proud of the young man he has become surpasses any searun,
Steelhead or sunset anyone of us has seen.

IveofIone

Relax Nick, I don't expect everyone to agree with me. After all, there are thousands of young men that suit up for football every year. And every year some are badly injured, some crippled for life and a few that die. My point is why would you roll the dice when the well being of your child is at stake? The risk is always going to be there-that a freak accident will alter the trajectory of a young life and change the lives of those that love him the most.

Sorry I angered you but I have seen the down side of a young man sustaining a life changing football injury and it is not a pretty sight. I wouldn't wish that grief on any family.

Porter

Relax Nick, I don't expect everyone to agree with me. After all, there are thousands of young men that suit up for football every year. And every year some are badly injured, some crippled for life and a few that die. My point is why would you roll the dice when the well being of your child is at stake? The risk is always going to be there-that a freak accident will alter the trajectory of a young life and change the lives of those that love him the most.

Sorry I angered you but I have seen the down side of a young man sustaining a life changing football injury and it is not a pretty sight. I wouldn't wish that grief on any family.
Then don't drive, don't take public transportation, don't swim/surf in the ocean, don't sled or ski in the snow, don't boat or boogie board, don't play soccer or lacrosse, don't venture down a forrest trail, don't stand in batter box with a wild boy 90mph high school baseball, don't kiss a girl, don't adventure, don't live. Got it...basically shitty advice.

I hear ya Ive, but let's face it... In 2019 kids face all manner of risks. Some avoidable, some not. Rather than try to control every facet of his life in order to manage such risk, I prefer to try to teach my son the critical thinking skills and decision making to manage such risks himself. He's a sharp kid, and impresses me every day with his ability to analyze a situation and make an appropriate decision. Football is dangerous there is no doubt, and while he loves to watch it he's never played. Not because I kept him from it, simply because he chooses not to.

The world is a dangerous place. We can't keep our kids safe from everything. If that was the goal I would never let him out of the house. I'd venture a guess that its more dangerous to let him get his drivers license than it would be to allow him to play football. Certainly more dangerous than letting him watch it that's for sure.