Who’s going out tomorrow?

The snow in western Washington is of the wet kind. Here in Butte we get the powder, a foot of the snow here will maybe weigh as much as an inch of Western Washington snow. I shoveled a path out to the n cars and mail box and I didn't even get tired doing it. Where as where you all live I would of been beat.

The trouble with powder, is that it don't pack worth a damn and it sucks trying to make snow balls to throw.
it was true champaign powder. chest deep in spots with my snowboard contact the firm snow underneath now. we were "bulldozing" through huge drifts and making huge clouds of snow fly up into the winds. but, this is rare here in spokane. looks like more snow coming to and it should be just as cold.

I broke my leg skiing in Cascade concrete back in '63... and I still don't know who or what to blame, other than myself! I had really shitty bindings on my swap-meet skiis, and it was on a warm day in Feb with several inches of fresh cascadecrete on the steep slope beyond my ability....:eek: I was charging....and perhaps I had adjusted the release to trigger at too tight a setting....it was difficult to fine tune the damn thing!
the new powder specific snowboards preform really well in heavy pow. they float the nose with 0 effort and almost want to rebound and bounce back out of the wet snow when you press hard. total game changer. im sure some skis handle wet pow well now too.

SHD

Yup, gonna do the 6.5 mile round trip walk to work again. Couldn't get the car out of the sloped driveway without sliding into another car. It was a rather enjoyable walk this morning. Tomorrow morning will be a different story. My road is gonna be a skating rink.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Yup, gonna do the 6.5 mile round trip walk to work again. Couldn't get the car out of the sloped driveway without sliding into another car. It was a rather enjoyable walk this morning. Tomorrow morning will be a different story. My road is gonna be a skating rink.
I admire your detication, somebody’s got to keep funding the government