NFR Favorite Movie Quotes

jamma

BRODY, What's that one?
QUINT It's a tattoo i had removed.
HOOPER What did it say, mother?
QUINT, That, mr hooper was the USS Indianapolis!
Mary Jane, she broke my heart.

You know those guys in the boat? They're all gonna die before they leave the harbor.

Show me the way to go home...

Last edited:

jamma

Mary Jane, she broke my heart.

You know those guys in the boat? They're all gonna die before they leave the harbor.

Show me the way to go home...
Gotta say I had so much fun with this movie I had to watch it again and realized I need to make some corrections:

The girl was Mary Ellen Moffitt and the correct line is "You know those eight guys on the fan-tail launch out there?Well none of them are going to make it out of the harbor alive." I got it mashed-up with an earlier conversation when he asked them if there was a good restaurant and hotel on the island and they tell him "Just walk straight ahead." He grins and walks away saying to himself "They're all gonna die."
Fun fact: They only show seven guys.

But I picked up on this gem:

"Wait'll we get them silly bastards down in that rockpile, they'll be some fun, they'll wish their fathers never met their mothers when they start scrapin' their bottoms out and slammin' into them rocks, boy."

Rob Allen

Always loved the chilling story he tells afterward.That's some great acting there.
One of the best monologues in cinema history. If Jaws wasn't considered a horror film it would be considered one of the greatest films of all time. As much as I love Indy Jaws is Spielberg's best work. Hell of a lot better thsn ET.

River Pig

"You just keep thinkin', Butch. That's what you're good at."

I quote that one everytime someone says, "I was thinking..."

jamma

One of the best monologues in cinema history. If Jaws wasn't considered a horror film it would be considered one of the greatest films of all time. As much as I love Indy Jaws is Spielberg's best work. Hell of a lot better thsn ET.
True, but I wonder how many people pick up on one of the main themes of the movie, that is, that the town council was willing to sacrifice lives to maintain their cash flow.And horror movies have made their mark, 'Silence of the Lambs' swept the Oscars. Another great movie.

Last edited:

Rob Allen

True, but I wonder how many people pick up on one of the main themes of the movie, that is, that the town council was willing to sacrifice lives to maintain their cash flow.And horror movies have made their mark, 'Silence of the Lambs' swept the Oscars.

I think it's a little simpler than that.
The town council was made up of people like the rest of us that just couldn't believe it could happen here.

jamma

I think it's a little simpler than that.
The town council was made up of people like the rest of us that just couldn't believe it could happen here.
Despite being presented with expert opinion and the pond incident, he still tries, weakly, to argue that his kids were on that beach and still is reluctant to sign off.I always wondered why, when Mrs. Kittner slapped Chief Brody, he didn't just tell them his hands were tied by the city council, but it did make for a good scene at the kitchen table.

"You might want to let that breathe..." and the kid mimicking his mannerisms. That scene was as good as any in the movie.

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
WFF Supporter
Despite being presented with expert opinion and the pond incident, he still tries, weakly, to argue that his kids were on that beach and still is reluctant to sign off.I always wondered why, when Mrs. Kittner slapped Chief Brody, he didn't just tell them his hands were tied by the city council, but it did make for a good scene at the kitchen table.

"You might want to let that breathe..." and the kid mimicking his mannerisms. That scene was as good as any in the movie.
We recently watched Jaws because they added it to Netflix. That was probably my 10th time seeing that movie. In addition to the ‘let it breathe’ comment i loved how Chief Brody filled his tumbler with wine to the very tippy top rim of the glass and then poured a regular glass for Hooper. I just loved all those characters so much. My favorite Richard Dreyfus movie. I understand he and Robert Shaw didn’t get along for real, which added to the tension between their characters.

Also it seemed kind of weird to me watching this time that Mrs. Kittner seems rather old to have a kid the age of hers. She looks about 55 years old.

Rob Allen

" you heard your father out of the boat... NOW"

Last edited:

Big Rob

Take Shelter (Michael Shannon) The story behind the scene was Shannon had his lines, and they threw all of the extras into the hall, and none of them knew what the scene was about. They were just told to show an honest reaction. I think it went well.... Great movie BTW

Jamie Dow

Stanley Kubrick at his best: Dr. Strangelove. My wife and I often thought if we were ever in a rapid that was un-runnable we would have the presence of mind to emulate Slim Pickens and take off our helmets and put on our cowboy hats to meet our destiny...

Last edited:

jamma

Take Shelter (Michael Shannon) The story behind the scene was Shannon had his lines, and they threw all of the extras into the hall, and none of them knew what the scene was about. They were just told to show an honest reaction. I think it went well.... Great movie BTW

Love that movie! Man is an outstanding actor, particularly that scene.Another batshit crazy role he did was in William Friedkin's 'Bug' with Ashley Judd. Recommended if you like movies with WTF endings.

jamma

We recently watched Jaws because they added it to Netflix. That was probably my 10th time seeing that movie. In addition to the ‘let it breathe’ comment i loved how Chief Brody filled his tumbler with wine to the very tippy top rim of the glass and then poured a regular glass for Hooper. I just loved all those characters so much. My favorite Richard Dreyfus movie. I understand he and Robert Shaw didn’t get along for real, which added to the tension between their characters.

Also it seemed kind of weird to me watching this time that Mrs. Kittner seems rather old to have a kid the age of hers. She looks about 55 years old.
Yeah, he was going for the full-on drunk at that point and wasn't going to wait for anything to "breathe", he didn't even care what he was mixing it with.I liked it when Hooper broke the tension by asking "So how was your day?"

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts