NFR Favorite Movie Quotes

lee c

"how can you trust a man that wears both a belt and suspenders" Henry Fonda, Once upon a time in the west

D

dld

Just when I thought the world couldn’t get any crazier I open this and see people calling tombstone the best western ever.
We are all doomed.
It's a fun movie, not a great movie.

For my money, the best Westerns are:

Once Upon a Time in the West

Unforgiven

The Proposition

Hell or High Water

sportsman

Well, its either this or we can have yet another swinging vs. nymphing, flyfishing vs. not flyfishing, beads, vs. no beads, indicator vs. no indicator, etc. thread?
Tell me it's not that late in the game! At least wait until May 1st.....then all bets are off.

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
WFF Supporter
Favorite movie of all Time!
Silverado... ( If you took the bank in Turley, where’s the money.)

Also when Steve McQueen hops up the wagon with Yul Brynner in the Magnificent Seven and says (let er buck!)

jamma

I always get a kick out of this one from Deadpool 2; the job interview for wannabe X-Force-r Bedlam:

Deadpool: Cool name! Superpowers?

Bedlam: I can distort electrical fields.....including the one inside your brain.....causing anxiety, confusion, pain .....

Deadpool: So basically, you're Dave Matthews. (Turns to Weasel) We can use him.

teedub

I am a big Burt Lancaster fan - from the Professionals (Burt and Claudia Cardinale) in a close up. CC realizes Burt has removed his gun from the holster - she was trying to get away. He tells her he doesn't trust her. She says "Go to hell … Burt "Yes ma'am, I am on my way"

Claudia could make me write bad checks long before I had a checking account.

Later - same movie

Rancher who hired Burt and Lee Marvin to rescue Claudia is upset they let her go. To Marvin "You Bastard" Marvin - "Yes sir. In my case an accident of Birth, you sir are a self made man!"

Mark Walker

I am a big Burt Lancaster fan - from the Professionals (Burt and Claudia Cardinale) in a close up. CC realizes Burt has removed his gun from the holster - she was trying to get away. He tells her he doesn't trust her. She says "Go to hell … Burt "Yes ma'am, I am on my way"

Claudia could make me write bad checks long before I had a checking account.

Later - same movie

Rancher who hired Burt and Lee Marvin to rescue Claudia is upset they let her go. To Marvin "You Bastard" Marvin - "Yes sir. In my case an accident of Birth, you sir are a self made man!"
Same movie.
Hell, for all I know, it could be a whirling Dervish.
That, gentlemen, is the whirlingest Dervish of them all!

creekx

spent spinner
It's a fun movie, not a great movie.

For my money, the best Westerns are:

Once Upon a Time in the West

Unforgiven

The Proposition

Hell or High Water
Great list. I will add:

The Big Country (1958): maybe not an all-time great, but a classic, big-screen epic.

3:10 to Yuma (2007): not an all-time great, but Ben Foster (also in Hell or High Water) is such a great villain.

Back on topic: Ruthless People has some great quotes. The scene with Ken Kessler (Judge Reinhold) trying to sell a stereo system to a teenage couple is funny:

Ken Kessler : Check it out, my man! This is the Dominator X-10. Thirty inches of thigh-slapping, blood-pumping, nuclear brain damage!

Heavy Metal Kid : Bitchin'! Hey, what's it fucking cost?

Ken Kessler : That's the bitchin' part about it! It don't matter! If you can't afford it, FUCKING FINANCE IT!

[turns it on]

Ken Kessler : So what if it's as big as a Subaru and costs as much? You'll never have to trade this in! This is gonna be with you for the rest of your life! And when you die, they can BURY you in it!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts