NFR Favorite Movie Quotes

D

dld

Great list. I will add:

The Big Country (1958): maybe not an all-time great, but a classic, big-screen epic.

3:10 to Yuma (2007): not an all-time great, but Ben Foster (also in Hell or High Water) is such a great villain.

Back on topic: Ruthless People has some great quotes. The scene with Ken Kessler (Judge Reinhold) trying to sell a stereo system to a teenage couple is funny:

Ken Kessler : Check it out, my man! This is the Dominator X-10. Thirty inches of thigh-slapping, blood-pumping, nuclear brain damage!

Heavy Metal Kid : Bitchin'! Hey, what's it fucking cost?

Ken Kessler : That's the bitchin' part about it! It don't matter! If you can't afford it, FUCKING FINANCE IT!

[turns it on]

Ken Kessler : So what if it's as big as a Subaru and costs as much? You'll never have to trade this in! This is gonna be with you for the rest of your life! And when you die, they can BURY you in it!
I agree with '3:10 to Yuma'. I think it is nearly great, and I do like Ben Foster.

I love Westerns, but I have a hard time watching pre-1960's movies. The acting and pacing are just too different for me.

Some of my favorite crime/mafia movies:

-'Miller's Crossing'..."Nothing more foolish than a man chasin' his hat. "

-'Once Upon a Time in America'...No quote for this one, the music and the camera are as important as the characters.

-'On the Waterfront'..."It wasn't him, Charley, it was you. ..."

-'Cool Hand Luke'..."Sometimes nuthin' is a pretty cool hand."

Joe H

Kevin Spacey to his wife in American Beauty after losing his job, sitting around smoking weed, working out and buying a Firebird:

"I rule."

Fast Action Freddie

Having a drink in The Buff
The initial meeting and verbal exchange between samuel l jackson and jamie foxx in Django unchained.
My favorite all time movie quotes??
Just about everything said in Django Unchained by Dr. King Schultz, the German dentist turned-bounty hunter (played by Christophe Waltz).

Probably more on his delivery. Starting in the very first scene ...

jamma

Great list. I will add:

The Big Country (1958): maybe not an all-time great, but a classic, big-screen epic.

3:10 to Yuma (2007): not an all-time great, but Ben Foster (also in Hell or High Water) is such a great villain.

Back on topic: Ruthless People has some great quotes. The scene with Ken Kessler (Judge Reinhold) trying to sell a stereo system to a teenage couple is funny:

Ken Kessler : Check it out, my man! This is the Dominator X-10. Thirty inches of thigh-slapping, blood-pumping, nuclear brain damage!

Heavy Metal Kid : Bitchin'! Hey, what's it fucking cost?

Ken Kessler : That's the bitchin' part about it! It don't matter! If you can't afford it, FUCKING FINANCE IT!

[turns it on]

Ken Kessler : So what if it's as big as a Subaru and costs as much? You'll never have to trade this in! This is gonna be with you for the rest of your life! And when you die, they can BURY you in it!
I really liked Ben Foster's pickup line to the check-in girl in 'Hell or high water'.
"In your last days in the nursery home, you'll think of me and giggle."

jamma

Kevin Spacey to his wife in American Beauty after losing his job, sitting around smoking weed, working out and buying a Firebird:

"I rule."
Or how about,"Masturbating in the shower will be the highlight of my day."?

jamma

Dirty Harry's comment on a fellow cop's condiment choice accompanied by his iconic scowl:

"Nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog."

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
My best movie remembrance happened not on the screen but in front of it. Living in Bermuda in 1958 as a GI we could go see any movie for 25 cents and went often. One day we went to see a "B" gangster movie, probably starring someone like James Cagney. The action was tense and finally the gangster and his bosomy moll were apprehended and placed in a cell. The camera panned around to show the blonde moll sitting cross legged on a bench, her short dress hiked up to near crotch level, tears running down her cheeks and her ample bosom front and center.

It was a somber and quiet scene in the movie until some guy down in front hollered: "Jail me, motherf****r! Then the place went nuts!

jamma

In the movie 'Motherless Brooklyn', a character with Tourette's Syndrome yells out the word bris causing a fellow worker to ask "What are you, a rabbi now, doing bris?
Reply: Trust me, you don’t want me anywhere near your bris. ;)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts