WTB Winston 9ft rod in 5wt. or 6wt., Rod does not need to be in perfect condition.

bartigm

I am looking for a boat rod that guests will use. I own Winston's exclusively. If you have a rod to sell please text me, 816-589-7100 with pics. I hesitate to say price matters, yet I do not need a brand new rod.
Thanks, Mike

I will break it down for Peyton's sake...beginners? intermediate? advanced? There that was easy ...figure most "got it"...let me know if he needs further clarification...lol;)

Richard E

I am looking for a boat rod that guests will use. I own Winston's exclusively. If you have a rod to sell please text me, 816-589-7100 with pics. I hesitate to say price matters, yet I do not need a brand new rod.
Thanks, Mike
Mike, this focus on Winstons is interesting. We have threads from you where just over a month ago you’re appealing to members for a Winston deal for your 9 year old son who is selling flies to fund a Winston rod. And now you’re appealing to members for Winston deals for ‘guests’.

Just interesting.

bartigm

Hey, guys thanks so much for the feedback. I build rods so I can repair beginner mistakes to some degree just not tips - right....? Anyway, I would say 90 percent of my guests are intermediate. Thanks so much

I have a custom BIIIX 9' 6wt in perfect condition(sans initials on the underside of the rid). Does not get much better than that in a 6wt. I'm moving it because I thought I "had" to have a rod for some streamers, now during the off-season, I "have" other unnecessary needs! $300 shipped.

Richard thank you for your post. I did work with Carter my son to get him a fly rod and he did sell flies to get one thanks to this community. I asked for an additional rod to put in my boat since I take guests with me at times since I was so impressed with Carter's rod. I am truly sorry if I came off suspicious that was not my intention at all. Again, sorry.

61reissue helped me out and sold me a rod. Thanks so much to that member - a true gentleman. I look forward to fishing the rod with friends - I do not have a lot of money and scrape like everyone else Richard but yes I am hooked on Winston's since Carter worked so hard tying flies to get his.

I think it's cool you found a brand you love, I bet I've gone through 20 plus fly rods and I've liked pretty much every one of them, but never found a brand or even a single rod that screams 'this is me", luckily there are still few hundred out there to try.

Latest posts