WTB 10 wt saltwater line for Cabo beach fishing

JE

Heading to Cabo in April. Just cleared out my junk drawer and found $150 in Cabela's gift cards from last two Christmas's. Just picked up a Cabela's Atoll 10 wt on sale for $100 off.

Was in Cabo 10 years ago and had something annihilate my 8 wt from the beach, so going with a little bigger setup this time.

Not an experienced salt guy so any further help offered is welcomed.

if you don't find anything else, I have a lightly used 10 wt WF 444 floater with a king salmon capable braided loop tip you can have for $20 mailed. Water off Cabo doesn't get Bahama's warm, so should work fine.

When pitching from the beach (have surfed and fished there since late 70's), I use 20# Maxima tippets, large Clousers, and get close to locking down the drag.

Richard E

Heading to Cabo in April. Just cleared out my junk drawer and found $150 in Cabela's gift cards from last two Christmas's. Just picked up a Cabela's Atoll 10 wt on sale for $100 off.

Was in Cabo 10 years ago and had something annihilate my 8 wt from the beach, so going with a little bigger setup this time.

Not an experienced salt guy so any further help offered is welcomed.
Fishing from the beach, boat, or both? Different lines would perform better in these different circumstances...

Cabo, I highly recommend a boat.

Last edited:
I already have this posted on the classified.

Airflo wf10 tropical ridge $20

It is what I used down there from the beach. A tropical 10wt Rio Outbound would work even better for beach fishing.

Latest posts