You'd need a Canadian license to fish in Montana

dld

I understand how much my family pays out every year. Not funny.
My comment was intent to be as absurd as the notion of selling Montana.wink wink.
Knew I could rattle some cages.
You'd pay it out in the form of higher taxes, you just wouldn't know the true cost.

dld

Nah, he's absolutely correct. Prices would go down if it were truly, fully private. In order to be fully private, tho, that would mean all government oversight would be removed. That would mean that drug companies would be able to put anything into the market, pay doctors for prescribing it (legally, that is). Doctors wouldn't require actual certification and wouldn't be forced to carry insurance.

We already have something like that, I think it is called, 'Thailand'.

Except that it's not at all free.
Get government out of healthcare entirely so that costs can come down.
Right now we have a heavily regulated private healthcare system which is the most expensive. Either fully socialized or fully private is the way to go.
I strongly prefer 100% private.competition will bring costs down, offer a variety of cost options and increase quality of care.
Bring costs down so that insurance isn't necessary.
Rob Allen, noting your signature line, you'd do well have a look at Israels health care system: Every Israeli citizen is entitled to health care services under the National Health Insurance Law.

smc

Nah, he's absolutely correct. Prices would go down if it were truly, fully private. In order to be fully private, tho, that would mean all government oversight would be removed. That would mean that drug companies would be able to put anything into the market, pay doctors for prescribing it (legally, that is). Doctors wouldn't require actual certification and wouldn't be forced to carry insurance.

We already have something like that, I think it is called, 'Thailand'.
Thailand is not "fully private". Not even close. They do manage to cover 99.5% of their population though, with the majority of coverage provided through Government health facilities.

They also managed to reach 98% measles immunization amoung one year olds.

In 2009 Thai healthcare spending was about 4.3% of GDP. Of that, 75.8% came from public funding, 24.2% private.

dld

I'd pay Canada to take Western WA off our hands.
How about just king county?
Thailand is not "fully private". Not even close. They do manage to cover 99.5% of their population though, with the majority of coverage provided through Government health facilities.

They also managed to reach 98% measles immunization amoung one year olds.

In 2009 Thai healthcare spending was about 4.3% of GDP. Of that, 75.8% came from public funding, 24.2% private.
I refuse to let facts get in the way of a joke.

Rob Allen

Rob Allen, noting your signature line, you'd do well have a look at Israels health care system: Every Israeli citizen is entitled to health care services under the National Health Insurance Law.
That's fine what we have is an overregulated private system with too much government interference.
We need to have a social system or a private system, one or the other. This mix us killing us.
I'd prefer a private system with no insurance companies and no government involvement.
But a social system run well would be a second but less preferable option.
Either way get insurance companies out of it.
Also a socialized system of health care cannot involve any subsidized birth control or abortion. You cannot require people to pay for things they believe to be evil. Nor can we subsidize gender related surgeries not anything elective in nature. Injuries sustained while performing unsafe recreation or personal activity are also personal expenses you cannot force other people to pay for.

Also a socialized system of health care cannot involve any subsidized birth control or abortion. You cannot require people to pay for things they believe to be evil. Nor can we subsidize gender related surgeries not anything elective in nature. Injuries sustained while performing unsafe recreation or personal activity are also personal expenses you cannot force other people to pay for.
definition of "slippery slope."

Roper

Idiot Savant
I understand how much my family pays out every year. Not funny.
My comment was intent to be as absurd as the notion of selling Montana.wink wink.
Knew I could rattle some cages.
Fair enough, problem is too many folks think that makes sense. Glad you were being sarcastic not serious.

Latest posts