You'd need a Canadian license to fish in Montana

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
Actually I was hoping some young energetic statistician would do an Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) with various hypotheses. :cool:
Wow....I remember those words....damn if I remember what they mean!!

There have been various studies on “successful” states. Lots of reasons, by the way, Montana is a very successful state despite its small population.

Basically, you want more money wanting to invest in your state than people taking money out of your state.

There are studies on the role of Federal expenditures in various states. The big one is defence spending. It is the reason Washington state has done so well over the years. California had a big fall when during the defence downsizing in the early 1990’s the Pentagon basically pulled a huge number of military bases out of California and reduced defence spending in the state leading to a recession during the time.

Education and infrastructure also make a huge difference. Montana, Utah, the Dakota’s are pretty successful states that “pull” way above their weight class.

Washington due to its defence spending, and corporations that became LARGE in a short period of time in also on that list.

jasmillo

Something about these Rob Allen turned health care threads make me want to rip my hair out...
Easy to steer clear. Having been around on this forum for 12 years at this point, I have a good sense for when a thread will naturally flame out after a page or two just based on the title. If I see one of those threads at 5+, I am willing to bet good money Mr. Allen has jumped in.....the best damn fisherman on this board.

I bet he hangs these threads like trophy mounts in his den.....

Last edited:

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Wow....I remember those words....damn if I remember what they mean!!

There have been various studies on “successful” states. Lots of reasons, by the way, Montana is a very successful state despite its small population.

Basically, you want more money wanting to invest in your state than people taking money out of your state.

There are studies on the role of Federal expenditures in various states. The big one is defence spending. It is the reason Washington state has done so well over the years. California had a big fall when during the defence downsizing in the early 1990’s the Pentagon basically pulled a huge number of military bases out of California and reduced defence spending in the state leading to a recession during the time.

Education and infrastructure also make a huge difference. Montana, Utah, the Dakota’s are pretty successful states that “pull” way above their weight class.

Washington due to its defence spending, and corporations that became LARGE in a short period of time in also on that list.
There's more bullshit in this post than on a Rob Allen thread...

Congrats ?

Rob Allen

Easy to steer clear. Having been around on this forum for 12 years at this point, I have a good sense for when a thread will naturally flame out after a page or two just based on the title. If I see one of those threads at 5+, I am willing to bet good money Mr. Allen has jumped in.....the best dam fisherman on this board.

I bet he hangs these threads like trophy mounts in his den.....
Not into trophys.

Jamie Dow

From the Great Falls Tribune

One of our favorite comments on the story was: Does Canada know the Montana Legislature would be included with the beautiful scenery?

Well, now the Legislature is weighing in.

On Tuesday morning, the House State Administration Committee voted 15-5 to have staff draft a House resolution generally opposing the sale of Montana to Canada.

Imagine Montana as part of Canada.
Committee Chairman Forrest Mandeville, R-Columbus, proposed the resolution as a "bit of fun" around the time the House will be wrestling with the big budget bill.

He's envisioning "whereas" statements along the lines of "Whereas we don't know the Canadian national anthem after the first two words..."

Rep. Jessica Karjala, D-Billings, joked, "What about those of us who would like more maple syrup, better tea and free healthcare."

"It's still an option to move to Canada," Mandeville replied.

The committee vote of 15-5 was enough, and the committee can expect to talk Canada jokes come March. He'd love a House vote on April 1.

Latest posts