Columbia Basin Ice Report

Buzzy

It may not have snowed, but there was an unfortunate series of avalanches off Frenchman hills area. According to my sources it has burried all potential fishing oppurtunities with an additional 10-20’ of snow and ice. Bigly terrible.
Derailing fake news: I drove south out Moses Hole on SR-17 and cutoff on road M south. Potholes is snow covered and frozen as far as I could see. Crossing the dam heading towards Mardon, I did see some evidence of open water immediately below the emergency spillway (between PEC and Mardon). Missed the avalanche by minutes.

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
Derailing fake news: I drove south out Moses Hole on SR-17 and cutoff on road M south. Potholes is snow covered and frozen as far as I could see. Crossing the dam heading towards Mardon, I did see some evidence of open water immediately below the emergency spillway (between PEC and Mardon). Missed the avalanche by minutes.

From what I understand Lind Coulee has ice fishermen there.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info