Columbia Basin Ice Report

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
I didn't see any evidence of ice fishing on Potholes or the big bays that the Coulee has coming into Potholes. Not many tire tracks in the snow either.... still ice fishing ML in your neck of the woods?

I see onesy, twosey out there. A guy who lives above Mardon is the one who told me they were icefishing on Lind Coulee below Road M. A friend of mine has been icefishing the trout lakes and found 10 inches of solid ice.

bakerite

Went scouting in the Quincy/George area yesterday. The lower Caliche lake is open, Upper still almost all iced. Martha is open but very crowded according to a guy I met there. There were people ice fishing Quincy, no open water I saw. Burke has about 200 x 50 open at the launch, there were about 15 people there still fishing and they were catching fish. Dusty is mostly open water, with some ice, up to 8 inches of snow on the trail so be careful on the way down if you go!

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
Went scouting in the Quincy/George area yesterday. The lower Caliche lake is open, Upper still almost all iced. Martha is open but very crowded according to a guy I met there. There were people ice fishing Quincy, no open water I saw. Burke has about 200 x 50 open at the launch, there were about 15 people there still fishing and they were catching fish. Dusty is mostly open water, with some ice, up to 8 inches of snow on the trail so be careful on the way down if you go!

Martha is probably open by now. It's about the same elevation as the Caliche's and a shallow lake.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts