Trip Report Fly Fishing Montana: Clark Canyon Reservoir at Ice Out

THE KINGS OF HOTSPOTTING.... BUT HEY WHO CARES ABOUT ALL THE LOCALS.. AT LEAST YOU HAVE A TV SHOW.. ID WAGER THERE WILL BE A LOT OF NEW PEOPLE WHO GO FISH CLARK CANYON AT ICE OUT JUST BECAUSE YOU GUYS... OUT OF ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA/ TV SHOWS YOU GUYS RUIN SPOTS MORE THEN ANYTHING... WAY TO GO... CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE NAMES OF PLACES OUT OF YOUR SHOW? YOU 2 HAVE PUT MORE SUPER SPECIAL SPOTS THAT LOCALS KEEP UNDER WRAPS ON BLAST THEN ANYONE AND IT MAKES ME SICK.
I live in California. I’m going to get 20 of my cousins and we’re all going to move out there now, just because of this video

THE KINGS OF HOTSPOTTING.... BUT HEY WHO CARES ABOUT ALL THE LOCALS.. AT LEAST YOU HAVE A TV SHOW.. ID WAGER THERE WILL BE A LOT OF NEW PEOPLE WHO GO FISH CLARK CANYON AT ICE OUT JUST BECAUSE YOU GUYS... OUT OF ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA/ TV SHOWS YOU GUYS RUIN SPOTS MORE THEN ANYTHING... WAY TO GO... CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE NAMES OF PLACES OUT OF YOUR SHOW? YOU 2 HAVE PUT MORE SUPER SPECIAL SPOTS THAT LOCALS KEEP UNDER WRAPS ON BLAST THEN ANYONE AND IT MAKES ME SICK.
No one is going to take you serious when you type all caps.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Damn locals....whoever they are!!!!! :D
SF

https://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/145805/

Nice video and report, I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Anybody that is in the "know" about Stillwater Fishing and has done any minimal amount of research on the topic, is aware of Clark Canyon Reservoir, it is no secret. I think it is as well known as Henry's, Crane Prairie, and Pyramid amongst others. Plus, tell me of a one lake that is NOT good after ice out? Simple math. But who is willing to go freeze their ass off like that for 10 fish over two days? Your true die hards only and to them CC is not a secret nor is "ice out".

Clark Canyon is has been on my bucket list for years, even before there was a such a thing as "hotspotting" or social media. I haven't had the opportunity to make the trip, yet. All this video has done for me is to make sure I hit in May or later when I don't need to worry about frost bite ;).

Peach

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
We were ice fishing for Burbot there many years ago. There were NO hot spots. I finally hooked a good fish after several hours; it broke-off at the hole. My buddy said: "Now you're going to tell us it was a huge fish, I suppose?" "Nope. I don't know how big it was, but when I looked down the hole all I could see was an eye . . ."

Hopefully, I get to fish it again next summer with a Nephew who usually has it dialed-in pretty good.

Beckler

Nice video and report, I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Anybody that is in the "know" about Stillwater Fishing and has done any minimal amount of research on the topic, is aware of Clark Canyon Reservoir, it is no secret. I think it is as well known as Henry's, Crane Prairie, and Pyramid amongst others. Plus, tell me of a one lake that is NOT good after ice out? Simple math. But who is willing to go freeze their ass off like that for 10 fish over two days? Your true die hards only and to them CC is not a secret nor is "ice out".

Clark Canyon is has been on my bucket list for years, even before there was a such a thing as "hotspotting" or social media. I haven't had the opportunity to make the trip, yet. All this video has done for me is to make sure I hit in May or later when I don't need to worry about frost bite ;).

Peach
Ditto what Peach said. No secret. Been in many magazines over the years long before Ladin reported crazy 10 fish action in 3 days. Lol.