Rockfish and Lingcod!

With Rockfish and Lingcod right around the corner wanted to share a style of fly I’ve developed. Perfect weight, simple to tie and keels correctly every time due to the weighted hook! Showed it to some guys at the show and they loved it. Going to be an awesome year! Hope this helps for anyone interested in targeting these species! Thank you Nick Clayton and William McDonald for introducing me to this awesome site!

Attachments

Welcome aboard Josh! Glad to see you made it over here.

Lots of great folks and lots of great knowledge around here. I'm sure people will benefit from your experience as well!

That's a cool pattern. I've never tied on those type of hooks but I'm gonna have to give it a go.

Agreed, I’ve been scouring the site all day and love seeing so many amazing tiers and all the fish caught! You’ll have to add them to your arsenal I bet those tuna you get into would be interested as well!

A couple spawn fly head flies, also love these heads and the great service you guys have. And it’s nice to have the notes when the product is received. Tight lines View attachment 195039
Wow thank you really appreciate the support! Those are sweet! I love the dragon tails movement behind the heads! Really cool to see both our first heads and our newer ones in a single photo! We’ve come a long ways over the past year!

DenWor54

Wow thank you really appreciate the support! Those are sweet! I love the dragon tails movement behind the heads! Really cool to see both our first heads and our newer ones in a single photo! We’ve come a long ways over the past year!
Are you guys going to continue to make the head that I used with the dragon tail fly? Also if you put a magic head in front of that combo it really has a nice action in the water. Last year the rockfish really like the dragontail flies, the above fly is trying to mimic a Blenny. Tight lines

We have discontinued it unfortunately! It was a cool head but we’ve since refined our proccess and halted our old technique. We still have a good supply of them that are heavily discounted! We can paint the same scheme on one of your new heads if it’s of interest to you!

Latest posts