Attention...dangerous alcohol!!

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Never tried absinthe...the real deal that is...it scares me a little...I tend to overdue the hard stuff...always neat and straight up...and it has gotten me into a lot of trouble in the past...

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
The only green fairies I've seen weren't from absinthe...though my brother once freaked out because he saw a green chair in the middle of the Interstate bridge on our way back from a Pink Floyd concert(DSOTM)...I was driving ...about 10 mph...there were not any cops then...which is good... ;)

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I used to drive pretty good when I was three sheets to the wind. Me and an old buddy while we were working at Boeing Everett went to south Seattle for him to visit one of his co workers. Well we proceeded to drink a bar dry. When it was time to leave he asked me if I cared to drive. Me, being on my ass said sure. And away we went. I started seeing signs that we were headed towards Tacoma. So I got on a off ramp so I could go north to Smoky Point. Boy that was some drive. I had a hell of a time trying to keep my speed up to 50. But we made it and I was beat to a frazzle from that encounter. I was driving an older Ford Falcon. Maybe the first one that was out. A little old gray thing with a stick shift. I used to be a drinker. Now I just pour it down. Don't taste anything.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I used to drive pretty good when I was three sheets to the wind. Me and an old buddy while we were working at Boeing Everett went to south Seattle for him to visit one of his co workers. Well we proceeded to drink a bar dry. When it was time to leave he asked me if I cared to drive. Me, being on my ass said sure. And away we went. I started seeing signs that we were headed towards Tacoma. So I got on a off ramp so I could go north to Smoky Point. Boy that was some drive. I had a hell of a time trying to keep my speed up to 50. But we made it and I was beat to a frazzle from that encounter. I was driving an older Ford Falcon. Maybe the first one that was out. A little old gray thing with a stick shift. I used to be a drinker. Now I just pour it down. Don't taste anything.
Was that a "3-on-the-tree" stickshift? Remember those "Falcon" vans? At least that's what I think they were. One of my late uncles had one. It was a "3-on-da-tree" stick. He drove us out to Pillar Point from Sequim in that old beater to fish for salmon, in the early/mid 60's...towing a 15' skiff behind.
First time, we trolled herring along a ripline, and saw some decent action. I got my first Coho...7+ lbs and my first King at 22 lb. Next time, we had some hot Coho action, and I landed a couple of good ones. This was over 50 years ago. My uncle didn't drink.
I also used to have good luck when driving 3 or 5 (and even more!) sheets to the wind. Only once or twice did I relent and allow someone else to drive me home. Never got pulled over. Man, was I lucky! Now i just wait until I get home before I pop a beer...gotta have something to look forward to. Drinking a beer all by my lonesome...I might have to put some George Thorogood on the jukebox....

ceviche

I did it once and will never do it again: Pisco Sour. I was in Peru, in 1988. My shipmates wanted to drink the local thing. My judgement? Pisco is the booze equivalent of Roofies. I’m just glad I got back to the ship before I totally blacked out. And how I got into bed after I blacked out is still a mystery to me.

Pisco is a “one step beyond” booze. You’re always one step beyond the state of drunkenness you think you are. But the Pisco Sour is one very smooth drink. And therein lies the danger.

dld

I did it once and will never do it again: Pisco Sour. I was in Peru, in 1988. My shipmates wanted to drink the local thing. My judgement? Pisco is the booze equivalent of Roofies. I’m just glad I got back to the ship before I totally blacked out. And how I got into bed after I blacked out is still a mystery to me.

Pisco is a “one step beyond” booze. You’re always one step beyond the state of drunkenness you think you are. But the Pisco Sour is one very smooth drink. And therein lies the danger.
Pisco sours are great.