Dragon fly nymphs

Bill Curran was one of my Fly Fishing mentors and a true innovator. The BC Floating Dragon was a game changer in technique and production IMHO.

RIP Bill!
Hey, Yardus thanks for your reply bill tied quite a few unique patterns. When he first shared the floating dragon pattern he said you better know how to spin deer hair. Which I replied that I’ve got that down, so he gave me one to try and match and I had fits try to trim to shape after a couple attempts he shared the technique of using a hot knife to shape the fly. Did he share the same thing fly with you?

Hi DenWor54, I was lucky enough to be friends with his youngest son. I consider myself to be truly blessed to have had the opportunity to learn from one of the greatest stillwater fly fishing innovators of his generation. The secret lakes alone were priceless. Did you ever get a chance to see his artwork?

Hi DenWor54, I was lucky enough to be friends with his youngest son. I consider myself to be truly blessed to have had the opportunity to learn from one of the greatest stillwater fly fishing innovators of his generation. The secret lakes alone were priceless. Did you ever get a chance to see his artwork?
Yardus, I never saw his artwork, but his woodwork was something to see. He built me three nets and gave me his bow, which the nets and the bow have produced very well for me. He was a man of many talents! Tight lines