Waiting for spring

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Are you getting a little lazy??
Of course! But my R knee was complaining after a long ride a few weeks ago in early Feb before the temps plummeted. With electric pedal assist, I'll be able to go for longer rides directly from my house, without hammering my old knees so badly. I've still got my Surly Pugsley fatties, which I intend to keep, and a couple of nice commuter bikes that I want to sell this Spring.
This coming Sunday looks primo for hitting up a trout lake.

nailbender

Birds chirping the last two or three mornings at sun up. After last nights rain the last of the snow is gone from my yard. It can't be much longer till warmer days.
OMJ, don't know how you do those montana winters. I know I couldn't take that kind of weather anymore. Cold enough for me in pugetopolis, I broke out the long johns for a couple weeks. I worked outside for thirty years, now I think I could get hypothermia in the house ;)

PSA- You should be fishing the Yak NOW. No one is out there. It's fishing well midday (warmest time). It is still a VERY cold endeavor and you need to dress appropriately. If you don't know what a synthetic or wool base layer is, this is not for you. Also, if you frown upon having to clear ice from your guides every 10 casts, this is not for you. Spring is my favorite time to fish the yak because you get NO 5 inchers, the action is slower, you might only get a couple of fish all day, but they are all above 15 inchers- the only ones moving at this time. San Juan worms all day- pink or purple.

Skip Enge

in the 60's here this weekend...but it is gardening time...greenhouse almost up...seeds to be started...fish later...that is my general pattern...have a lot of tying to do...

Skip Enge

The greenhouse needs it's roof put on...tomorrow seed sorting...seed starting mix ready for the shelves...all warm weather crops will be planted and labled...peas get planted on Sunday...maestro sweet peas...Favas and Biennial broccoli are doing well in ground...Weather is perking up a week of 60+ degrees......a lot of work to do...Sunday will be a marathon...I will be planting about 800 seeds ...50-65 varieties of stuff...tomatoes , peppers, gherkins...a lot of flowers...the rest will be direct seed next week...makes me tired thinking about it...Simplify he said...

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
The frogs unfroze and have been singing the last few nights. My new electric bike was delivered in a crate yesterday, and I have been assembling it and getting it ready to roll. It got sunny again today with temps in mid 50's, and I dug razor clams while oogling fasion concious young female clam diggers out of the corners of my eyes. Some of the clams escaped.
I flirted with the cute redheaded Irish gal at the checkout when buying beer, since tomorrow is St Patrick's Day. More than likely, she gets paid to flirt with old farts like me who come in to buy beer, but I ain't complaining! I have already put away a 22 oz bottle of Arrogant Bastard, and now I'm ready to clean the clams I dug, and fry up a few. Life is good:cool: Tomorrow might be a repeat, but slightly different.

Last edited: