NFR Communication

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Glad your brother is ok.

FB is a hell of a way to find out significant things like deaths or medical emergencies. I don't think it's intentionally meant to hurt feelings, but it feels that way. It's just such a common mode of communication that it's become, for most, the dominant form. People (and businesses & government & employers) just assume everybody's life revolves around FB...and many a life does so.

I haven't been on FB for many years, and don't intend to ever return. I really don't want to know everybody's political beliefs, daily personal dramas, or triumphs. I've got enough stuff in my own head to listen to somebody else's stream of consciousness. FB reminds me of those damn xmas card letters that used to be the rage.

Hell...the concept of what constitutes friendship has even been distorted by it.
yeah I have 40 friends on there and 2500 stranger acquaintances...art whore that i am...it's not for many...and the dissing will continue...but if folks think less of me here for playing there...what does that say about "us" in general?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I go there to get in trouble mostly. I don't mince words on there, and get a few pissed at me. But I really don't give a shit. I have family there that talk to my wife and I give my granddaughters a ration of shit. But mostly I get in trouble on there. But everybody I know lives in Washington State. And some just happen to be here and there.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I go there to get in trouble mostly. I don't mince words on there, and get a few pissed at me. But I really don't give a shit. I have family there that talk to my wife and I give my granddaughters a ration of shit. But mostly I get in trouble on there. But everybody I know lives in Washington State. And some just happen to be here and there.
Dang really? i was thinking about sending you a friend request...my posts would probably upset you a shit ton...you'd carry it over here, and stir up a raft of shit...so nevermind ;)

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I try to keep my friends list pared down. If I don't know somebody that wants to be friends I don't accept them. Just because I know Joe Blow doesn't mean I'll be your friend.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I try to keep my friends list pared down. If I don't know somebody that wants to be friends I don't accept them. Just because I know Joe Blow doesn't mean I'll be your friend.
well Garshhh! I could post semi-naked pictures of wimennnzzz Uck uck uck!...eh but then my FB career would end and Ellen would be a bit upset...the risk is too great! I don't know your real name to find ya anyway...(hint!)... am I creeping you out?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Nope...
Just giving OMJ some shit and the song is appropriate for the subject at hand.
I’m glad to hear his brother is ok and agree it is a lousy way to find out about a family member who has fallen ill.
I’m with him to as far as my circle of friends getting smaller. Mine certainly has. All the net end users are all gone.
I’ve gotten to the point myself I rarely answer the phone anymore.....
SF

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Nope...
Just giving OMJ some shit and the song is appropriate for the subject at hand.
I’m glad to hear his brother is ok and agree it is a lousy way to find out about a family member who has fallen ill.
I’m with him to as far as my circle of friends getting smaller. Mine certainly has. All the net end users are all gone.
I’ve gotten to the point myself I rarely answer the phone anymore.....
SF
Shit, my phone never rings. I got a phone for emergencies only. I'm old and I still like to fish alone. Shit, I could drop my drink and not be in position to pick it up. It would be a dilemma. I can't have that.