NFR Communication

Paul_

Don’t worry Facebook will fade away. My 15 year old daughter tells me FB is for the “olds”. I’m assuming that means older people.

Buzzy

You a good Son Skip. My moms 90. I spend every Thursday with her running errands, doing things around her house and just talking. I had to take her keys this year... actually I let her keep her keys but she totaled her car. It was past time to get her off the road.
That's a tough job; taking keys away. I commend you for helping her out every week.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I have a friend that post shit tons of art work on Facebook, I reall enjoy looking a this posts, I like maxfield Parrish art and dig Art Deco , I have become bored with all the political finger pointing that never leads to anybody going to jail. I like British & European fishing forums a great deal

Skip Enge

You a good Son Skip. My moms 90. I spend every Thursday with her running errands, doing things around her house and just talking. I had to take her keys this year... actually I let her keep her keys but she totaled her car. It was past time to get her off the road.
Mom does not leave her home...mobility...she uses a walker...but she talks my ear off...I have to talk REALLY loud...Her hearing is not just selective...Ha!

Skip Enge

I have a friend that post shit tons of art work on Facebook, I reall enjoy looking a this posts, I like maxfield Parrish art and dig Art Deco , I have become bored with all the political finger pointing that never leads to anybody going to jail. I like British & European fishing forums a great deal
Watercolors by Skip Enge...just sayin'

@Old Man, It is great to hear things are good with your brother. I completely agree with the mode of communication. There is something important about hearing a voice with the 'news' and being able to talk about it in real time. I do not have FB nor will I ever.

I just received a note in the mail yesterday that my uncle died 3 weeks ago. I am the oldest remaining relative in the family and was close to him. Guess the use of a phone has gone by the wayside. Even a text would of been better IMHO...

Skip Enge

I get it...I don't like talking on the phone at all...I have a cell phone but it is almost almost turned off until I need it...and generally that is to delete crap from sources unknown...although after 20 from the same source you sort of get to know them...will not call the # left because that just indicates a live one and provides additional reason to keep calling. My most incessant caller to date is some outfit that wants to give me a loan of $250,000 ... My old business name is still out there...from when I shut it down in 2009

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I just received a note in the mail yesterday that my uncle died 3 weeks ago. I am the oldest remaining relative in the family and was close to him. Guess the use of a phone has gone by the wayside. Even a text would of been better IMHO...
Sorry for your loss. I will text & send e-mails, but don't write letters much anymore. One of my Niece's said "If you'd join Facebook, we could talk more often." "Why?" I asked. "Doesn't your phone work?"

Last edited:

Latest posts