Rocky Ford report.

I was out there yesterday and had a nice visit with Phil and son.
The creek is stacked with ducks.
I was out there two weeks ago and there were thousands of ducks, this time maybe only hundreds.
There were also a dozen or more pelicans
The ducks are feeding in the creek and stirring up the weeds.
My theory is. The ducks stir up the scuds and the fish are feeding like crazy.
I saw one gentleman catch many standing in one spot.
I caught and released four and hooked up four or five others that came unbuttoned shortly. Dull hook

Fished it Friday from 10:00-3:00. Green scuds until the sun broke out, then #22 BWO emergers. Several in net, many more broke off or spit hooks. Whenever it got cloudy Griffith's Gnats in 20-22 produced and the BWOs stopped.

cmann886

Fished it Friday from 10:00-3:00. Green scuds until the sun broke out, then #22 BWO emergers. Several in net, many more broke off or spit hooks. Whenever it got cloudy Griffith's Gnats in 20-22 produced and the BWOs stopped.
Jake, I would like to know your secrets....the one you use to see flies that small while fishing and the one you use to tie that small of a fly on a tippet heavy enough to land RF trout.

5x tippet resulted in most of the breakoffs, so most of the day was spent with 3 and 4x which are harder to rig, especially on scene. A medium-action rod also helped immensely but, as I mentioned before, many broke off. Call it 4:1 hooked to netted.

Couldn't have done it without the fish, though. Wish I could say I had to walk a long ways, but the pools at the head of the creek and just on the other side of the bridge were full of fish. The big ones were jaded, but the smaller (16-18") and dumber fish were more cooperative.

One guy was killing it with a 3wt butter stick and only fished those tiny BWO emergers and only fished in one pool. How he managed to net so many of those big fish on that setup in the same spot I do not even begin to understand. Those are the skills I'd like to have.

The creek is stack::: ed with ducks.
I was out there two weeks ago and there were thousands of ducks, this time maybe only hundreds.
I caught and released four and hooked up four or five others that came unbuttoned shortly. Dull hook
Nice meeting you out here Gery. Friday was definately better but nobody was on fire. Still thousands off of Coots. Water cleared up. Must of flushed the trout run ways yesterday. Still all in all a bit slow.
The creek is stacked with ducks.
Nice putting a name with the face Gary. No wind on Saturday and fishing was good. Isn't wird that there are more fishmen on fridays than Saturdays
Adage with the name Gary
Tight
I don't think I've ever seen the water off color. That is crazy.
They were flushing the fish hatchery run ways

jwg

5x tippet resulted in most of the breakoffs, so most of the day was spent with 3 and 4x which are harder to rig, especially on scene. A medium-action rod also helped immensely but, as I mentioned before, many broke off. Call it 4:1 hooked to netted.

Couldn't have done it without the fish, though. Wish I could say I had to walk a long ways, but the pools at the head of the creek and just on the other side of the bridge were full of fish. The big ones were jaded, but the smaller (16-18") and dumber fish were more cooperative.

One guy was killing it with a 3wt butter stick and only fished those tiny BWO emergers and only fished in one pool. How he managed to net so many of those big fish on that setup in the same spot I do not even begin to understand. Those are the skills I'd like to have.
I have a friend who always fished a 4 wt at the Ford.
He was very skilled, and landed fish after fish.
j