Anglers Cast scam company

JayB

Wow, just wow. I'll admit I'm rusty as hell with trout patterns, but those are the crappiest flies I've ever seen. I can't imagine anyone, who knows anything about fly fishing, would knowingly post high-res pics of flies like that on a commercial site, AND still expect to get business. This has "foreign-based" written all over it. Sadly, those junk flies would probably catch fish like crazy in many situations.
Someone has to take one for the team and buy some of the flies, then head out to the river and post a trip report....

There are a lot of companies on instagram that do this. They steal content from other posters, and post it as if it were their own. I had the unpleasant experience of finding some of my fishing pictures from a colombian peacock bass trip posted as advertising material for an instagram marketer of some crappy chinese fishing brand. They had posted several of my pictures without permission and unfortunately if you post any image to the internet without a watermark, there really isn't anything you can do to stop them from using your images, even though my big stupid face is in the pictures.
These companies also use "bots" to create fake comments and likes on the posts of others to drum up interest. It's basically a robot that will seek out accounts of real users and comment on their pictures things like "Cool!" or "NICE!!" to seem like an actual person is writing them, and will do this to tens of thousands of accounts and pictures. They also use click mills (usually a service out of india or bangladesh in which they create fake accounts and follow a different account to make it seem as if it is more popular than it really is) to seem more legitimate. A lot of the "famous" instagram accounts have done this to gain followers initially, and then use their "popularity" to solicit pro staff sponsorships from naive companies that see their 30k followers and assume they actually have a lot of influence in their market. I know of people who have pretty impressive sponsorships (nautilus, SA, etc) who at least initially got the bulk of their followers from these methods. From what I can tell, any intent to monetize content or market via instagram is kind of a scam.
I wouldn't ever buy from any business that exists solely on instagram and a website, regardless of how sweet their deals may seem. Unless they are connected to a reputable marketer, or I know someone who is connected to the business, there's no way I would consider it. I understand we all like a great deal and want to try out new gear, but sometimes it really is more convenient just to go to the local shop and get the stuff in person. I have been burned enough times by things on ebay that seemed like a good deal, only to find out they were not as advertised, or mislabeled, or that what initially appeared like good gear, disintegrates because it's actually just cheap chinese crap. For all the trouble it is to return this stuff, notify the better business bureau or whatever, it ends up being easier not to buy from an unknown online and instead just order from your buddy at the local shop. You may not save money initially, but more than likely you will save it down the road, and definitely save a lot of wasted time and hassle.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Someone has to take one for the team and buy some of the flies, then head out to the river and post a trip report....
You know that sounds like a fun "project"...jamma should do it...he fishes more than I ...and if you saw his flies that he ties ...well, just sayin' this would be the least likely stuff he would fish with...echoes of our trips to Ludicrous Lake and Pinhead Pond on New Years Eve's past(s)

Rob Allen

My understanding is these two sites are about 40/45 percent fake likes. BOTS
I read an article yesterday about what they call "click farms." They literally set up hundreds of phones and or computers to generate likes on Facebook, Instagram and others. One statistic said as many as 50% of Facebook likes are actually fake.

I read an article yesterday about what they call "click farms." They literally set up hundreds of phones and or computers to generate likes on Facebook, Instagram and others. One statistic said as many as 50% of Facebook likes are actually fake.
I’ve kinda wondered when I see a persons post that receives like 2k likes/dislikes/etc. if they get like 2k notifications :) that would suck

There is a cure for it. Stay off the cesspool known as 'social media'. I know many need it for business and that's fine by me. I'm thankful that I don't!

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
My name is Jo and i am a recovering Facebook user! :)
I quit it over a year ago and have not missed it. Many of my real friends ask me to come back, mainly for my Dear Abby rants (on the stupid letter writers and sometimes Abby’s lame advice . I used to also do Yoga Rants. But I quit yoga after three months. It was too stressful!

P-FITZ98

I don’t do the hashtag crap, seems to be the gen-X thing, attempting to find fame and free “swag” through ###crap##. I find amusement in the plethora of so called ”outfitters “ that simply sell trucker hats, overpriced t-shirts, and shitty flies, but most of their origins come from a bro shot of themselves with the buff and big hat holding a fish ######.

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
Yep. I also deactivated my Twitter account last week. I was mostly only there for the Seahawks page and i never tweeted. But i don’t want any part of any of it anymore.

Latest posts