Kids Fishing

Do you live in the Olympia area? That is not far from me. The reason i ask is i have been into Marie Kondo and her de-cluttering show and told my husband i want to get rid of our fly tying stuff that’s taking up room in the garage. I’m never going to tie flies again and it’s taking up room in our garage. I’ve not looked at it in years but i’ll see what if it’s worth using.
I do live in Olympia! The class would love to put these to work! Happy to provide photos of the students using the materials! Can you email me? spawnflyfish@gmail.com

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
I do live in Olympia! The class would love to put these to work! Happy to provide photos of the students using the materials! Can you email me? spawnflyfish@gmail.com
Hey, i have not forgotten you. As a rule i don’t email off the forum. I actually found my stuff in the garage yesterday. I need to go through it and organize it a little. It’s more than i thought i had but it will certainly less than folks on this forum have in materials. But i do have two vises to add to the box, not fancy ones, but good enough for beginners.

My husband (the packrat) is all on board with giving it to you too. What we can do is maybe meet you at Farelli’s in Dupont to give it to you. This weekend is busy but i can get this to you within the next two weeks if that works. I’ll try and put up a photo of it when i go through it so you can see if it’s worth your while.

I just think what you are doing is so great!

Two thumbs up
I wish there had been a fly fishing class when I was in junior high.
We did have a rifle team and it was cool to be shooting 22 target rifles in the gym. We are talking 1962/1964
A friend was a teacher at Mt.Si HS in North Bend, he got seconds blanks from Sage and Loomis (IIRC) and taught rod building. Took some of them fishing at Tokul Creek and the Sno.

Hey, i have not forgotten you. As a rule i don’t email off the forum. I actually found my stuff in the garage yesterday. I need to go through it and organize it a little. It’s more than i thought i had but it will certainly less than folks on this forum have in materials. But i do have two vises to add to the box, not fancy ones, but good enough for beginners.

My husband (the packrat) is all on board with giving it to you too. What we can do is maybe meet you at Farelli’s in Dupont to give it to you. This weekend is busy but i can get this to you within the next two weeks if that works. I’ll try and put up a photo of it when i go through it so you can see if it’s worth your while.

I just think what you are doing is so great!
If it’s for the kids is worth while. I’m new to the forum so don’t understand the protocol sorry if emailing was a bad call! As for the vises that is beyond generous, although I’m not sure we need them! We have friends that helped us equip the class with 24 brand new vises... These kids are very spoiled but the vises should lasts generations! The materials would be amazing and we would be very thankful! The kids burn through the materials and are always wanting to try new things!

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
@Spawnflyfish, I can send you a PM through this forum but i noticed you were new and wasn’t sure if you knew how that worked so i was writing you here. I’ll send one to you so you can respond to it and we can figure out a date and I can get this to you. I have it all sitting out in a box. I have a nice fly tying book too that they can have. AE83D715-8624-4505-86F5-7D49AB148A2B.jpeg DE96FFF8-E370-477E-8E9B-C5B7F25D4AED.jpeg

Last edited:
good you're not takin' em to one of those u-fish deals where they have a guy scuba diving and manually sticking half-dead fish on the kids' lines

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
@Spawnflyfish, I have even MORE stuff for your kids! I met my long time fly fishing buddy Keith for a beer today. He has been our mentor since i started fishing in 1997. He is older and doesn’t fish as much as he used to. After telling him about your kids and asking if he had stuff he wanted to get rid of he brought me a lot of stuff today because he only ties for steelhead now.

Between the two of us we have lots of dubbing and feathers and many hooks and now four vises i think (though i know you might not need them). Also a couple of reels, (one is a Pfleuger reel). He also gave me two fly rods in a case. One is a 6 weight which should work for your kids. The other is i think an 8 weight which might not. Anyway, i think we have a lot of stuff you can use. Keith and I both said we have been wanting to give it away for awhile now, but not just to Goodwill. So this is just great for us.

Let us know the weekdays and times that work for you next week and we can meet you in Dupont at the Farelli’s bar. The reason i am putting this up here instead of PMing you is in case anyone else lives in the area who has stuff to donate for your kids that maybe they want to hook up with us on the same day and have a beer with us too.

Hello everyone,
Some of you know this but for others that don’t, I volunteer at Griffin Middle School (the school I also went to) teaching a fly fishing class for 7th and 8th graders. This class is offered everyday as a 7th period elective and is a huge hit! Some of our friends in the industry have helped out in so many ways and we can’t thank them enough. We have spent the past 3 months learning the ins and outs of fly tying as well as casting and entomology. The kids are unbelievable and fast learners! The PTO was gracious enough to donate money for several class fishing trips. We will be visiting a kids-only fishing pond in Lacey but are looking for a second place to fish. I’m hoping there is someone in the community with a private pond with small or large mouth bass for the kids to learn about proper fish handling as well as apply the skills they’ve been building this year. The only requirement is that it must be in relative proximity to Olympia, WA! It only takes one amazing memory to have these kids hooked for life! Please shoot me an email if you have any helpful information! Thank you! spawnflyfish@gmail.com
I can donate fly tying materials and a vice. If you PM me I will mail them to you on my dime:)

Latest posts