NFR 2019 Mariners

IveofIone

+1 on Hawk Harrelson being a terrible announcer. He insured that I wouldn't watch a White Sox game for decades, I wonder how many 'Sox haters he created. Only Dave Sims has irritated me more and recently that little weasel Tim Kurchian on ESPN has moved up to 3rd place. Kurchian and his broadcasting crew bring a combination of giggling and nonsense to the game that is more akin to a teenage girls pajama party than an actual description of a baseball game. A pathetic little obnoxious fart.

Wasn't Harrelson's nick name Dr. Strangeglove or was that Dick Stuart?

MD

You guys had me all perplexed.....I don’t follow baseball much but the association at my department has gotten season tickets for about 20 years....and my family has gone down to one or two games a year for about the last 15 yrs.

We had tickets to last night’s game so I read through this thread and got kinda bummed. My wife was all excited but I wasn’t looking forward to a 2 hour drive to watch them get their butts kicked.

Traffic was a mess and my 90 minute drive turned into 3 hours so I was in a foul mood (pun intended) when we arrived.

A crazy expensive beer and dog later.... whaddaya know how they’re up a couple runs. Looked like they were gonna blow it with their first couple relief pitchers but the last guy pulled it out.

I suppose every dog has its day, but it was a decent game for a know nothing like me....plus it was Star Wars night so that made it kinda fun.

Hope it continues for you true believers!

Mike d

Last edited:

IveofIone

True believers? Since the great 116 win season decades ago the Mariners average finish has been 17 games out of first place. Believe in what? And why? And what can even the most rabid and optimistic fan do to improve the team if the front office isn't even trying? Continuing to reward those bozos with your dollars hasn't appeared to work so far. And just to stick the knife in and twist it they replace Dave Niehaus with Dave Sims! WTF?

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
My brother called me this morning and said he could get good tickets for today's game against the Angels..any game is good ticket day, really.

I choose to stay home and mow lawns all day and am glad I did.

Yep, manual labor versus 5 hours in a car and a rare trip to Seattle to watch the Mariners.

I took the easy way out....

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Well, it always struck me as the epitome of something really bad, yet still wonderfully American. Like the Seattle Mariners, and Baseball.
He has more vibrato than John Denver, sh&%!!

I tried to gouge my ears out, but the damage is done already.

Reactions: smc

IveofIone

Another reason to hate the Mariners: Tonight the Dodgers are playing the Phillys and Kershaw is pitching. I worked my ass off all day so I could be in my chair at 7:00 with a glass of wine and watch the game. Game time arrives and my screen goes black with a message: "Game not available in your area". For some reason they won't show LA games when the M's are playing-go figure. It is just infuriating, Yankees and Red Sox are on about 5 times a week but a west coast team that I seldom get to see gets blacked out because the &%^$#@* Mariners are playing-losing actually. I could have watched 2 real teams play a real game at the major league level......:mad:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
My brother called me this morning and said he could get good tickets for today's game against the Angels..any game is good ticket day, really.

I choose to stay home and mow lawns all day and am glad I did.

Yep, manual labor versus 5 hours in a car and a rare trip to Seattle to watch the Mariners.

I took the easy way out....
Mowing the lawn or watching the Mariners?????
Solid decision!
SF

MD

Another reason to hate the Mariners: Tonight the Dodgers are playing the Phillys and Kershaw is pitching. I worked my ass off all day so I could be in my chair at 7:00 with a glass of wine and watch the game. Game time arrives and my screen goes black with a message: "Game not available in your area". For some reason they won't show LA games when the M's are playing-go figure. It is just infuriating, Yankees and Red Sox are on about 5 times a week but a west coast team that I seldom get to see gets blacked out because the &%^$#@* Mariners are playing-losing actually. I could have watched 2 real teams play a real game at the major league level......:mad:
Sorry..... didn’t mean to get your BP up.

Maybe this’ll help;)

Mike d
E028C455-904B-4D8A-8516-63386E967049.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts