NFR 2019 Mariners

KerryS

Ignored Member
First sweep of the season. If they sweep the Sox in the home opener series I’ll start to rethink my opinion of them. Then again if the Mariners get swept by the Sox, which is more likely, well...

KerryS

Ignored Member
Opinions and expectations can ruin the enjoyment of watching sports.
It is what it is.
I always thought opinions and expectations was a big part of sports. Sort of like politics but much safer. I’m a baseball fan first and a Mariners fan second. I’ll watch their games, bitch about the shitty announcers, blame the second rate management and ownership when they lose. If they win I’ll eat crow and give credit where it’s due. For now, a two game winning streak on the line, I think I’m safe.

Albula

swollen member
I have only followed the M's since moving here about a dozen years ago so I am a newish fan. Do any of you long-time followers remember a year when the Mariners were still in first place the late in the season? What a year so far.:)

I've put so much time into watching the Mariners it's embarrassing. I cannot support the team this year due to trading Paxton and Diaz away. The others would have been fine, but not Paxton and Diaz. Unforgivable - for a year.

I'll stream games, and will attend a game this year. However, with concessions and tickets prices rising, it certainly feels like the fans are getting the rough end of the deal. I haven't been to Triangle Pub, so maybe that's the move.

DukeCB

The worst part for me is just going to downtown Seattle. The traffic, parking, and prices, are not worth it for me anymore. I can no longer support the insane salaries for the players and owners. I LOVE watching baseball but avoid going to the rapidly deteriorating Seattle downtown area now.

The worst part for me is just going to downtown Seattle. The traffic, parking, and prices, are not worth it for me anymore. I can no longer support the insane salaries for the players and owners. I LOVE watching baseball but avoid going to the rapidly deteriorating Seattle downtown area now.
I live west of Olympia, so I go to Tacoma Rainier games, agree with others, it is brutal heading into King County.

Latest posts