NFR 2019 Mariners

KerryS

Ignored Member
I just tuned into the Mariners game. Amazingly they are leading. I watched a half inning and seen the Mariners commit base running error after base running error and managed two outs worth of the mistakes (could have been all three) and ran themselves out of what might have been a couple decent scoring chances. As far as I’m concerned this is because of shitty coaching. Their manager and coaching staff suck.

nb_ken

You ever notice Perry Hill? He's the Mariners first base coach and, I think, their infield coach.

He's a funny looking little old man. I think he's wearing Sketchers in the box at first.

They say he's some kind of defensive guru. Got several gold glovers on his coaching resume. Still, there's no gold gloves on this team, and you gotta admit, he is one funny looking dude. Got placeholder written all over him.

Whole staff does. Parade of bums.

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
It is quite clear that the Mariner's brass used the All-Star break to evaluate their position relative to their competition: the Orioles, Detroit, Kansas City, and Toronto. The upshot from this brain trust was that they didn't suck enough. So, word has now trickled down to play even more craptastic baseball. This is actually an easy proposition with the group of players that they have now. I have decided to not listen to another Mariner's game for the rest of this season; life is too short to listen to this dreck.

Steve

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
26-58 since their 13-2 start (and now 39-60 overall). That is .310 over their last 84 games

99 games into the season with 63 left. Need to go 24-39 to avoid 100 losses.

That is some horrible baseball

nb_ken

Oakland is my new favorite team this year. Spunky bunch. I love the crowd. Shitty ass stadium. Whistles, drums and horns. Not many people, but they fill it with sound. And that Mengen guy. Full windup and handlebar mustache. Place is full of character.

Team is good. Pound the ball on offense. And their defense takes people off the basepaths. Takes runs away. All the time.

Best they can do is probably a wildcard, and even then... Still, they're my underdog pick. Fun to watch.

Shad

Oakland is my new favorite team this year. Spunky bunch. I love the crowd. Shitty ass stadium. Whistles, drums and horns. Not many people, but they fill it with sound. And that Mengen guy. Full windup and handlebar mustache. Place is full of character.

Team is good. Pound the ball on offense. And their defense takes people off the basepaths. Takes runs away. All the time.

Best they can do is probably a wildcard, and even then... Still, they're my underdog pick. Fun to watch.
I think it's officially gone south when fans start rooting for division rivals. That IS some bad baseball.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
If there is nothing on the boob tube I might watch for a minute or two. Watch them all try to swing for the fences but strike out instead.

KerryS

Ignored Member
I think someone mentioned it already but there are a couple teams that have a lower winning percentage than the Mariners. They have to lose more games somehow.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Yeah, I think 5-6th worst team in baseball. They may not get there, but damn it, they will try and tank as hard as they can! More errors ! Bring Felix back, that will help the slide.

Vogelbach is doing his best with a 0 for his last 50 it seems like..(I looked up, 5 for last 36 = .139)

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Yes, for sure. Can't recall if Bucky took many walks, and when I watched Vogelbach in Tacoma, it was really a spitting image of Bucky Jacobson

Latest posts