Fly Rod Supply

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I own a grand total of 2 fly rods- a Redington 6wt and a BH 3wt. It must take a while to stockpile as many as some of you have!
54 years...since that 7 wt Eagle Claw and Phleuger set up my Dad bought me for my 12th Bday...still have it...have not used it for maybe 25 years...and that was when you could catch without guilt an East Fork of the lewis River summer run steelhead...

Pescaphile

I had an old Sage 7136 disappear. I'm pretty sure I gave it to one of my buddies to use but forgot who/when/where. This seems to be a good indicator that I might have too large of a supply.

I'm off to fish now for a few weeks and would kinda like to have it, not that it'd matter too much (I'm covered).

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I "lost" an 11 wt Loomis in the back of my truck to a very unstable 32" CRT on my way to ecycle it. Nope, it wasn't in its usual tube...I think I must have planned that.. I mean I referred to it as a broomstick...and I did kind of hate it...It wore me out roll casting... they honored the warranty I think because after i explained the how...the guy helping me cracked up...i got a much nicer 10 wt...which I never use anymore...like in the last 10 years...Local salmon returns have sucked where i always fished...That and the increasing instability in my getalong...never liked walking big rocks down to my spots...

gt

the Sage RPLs were and are still GREAT rods. why anyone would want to buy something newer is beyond me. if they work and are in good shape, end of tune, 5 -> 12 wts. if you came into fly fishing after Sage obsoleted these rods i get that just like the LLs, 3 ->5 wts in the rod rack.

gt

I had an old Sage 7136 disappear. I'm pretty sure I gave it to one of my buddies to use but forgot who/when/where. This seems to be a good indicator that I might have too large of a supply.

I'm off to fish now for a few weeks and would kinda like to have it, not that it'd matter too much (I'm covered).
that is a 'cult' rod for sure along with the 8150-4.

Jamie Dow

...or want.
When Ruthie says come see her
In her honky-tonk lagoon
Where I can watch her waltz for free
'Neath her Panamanian moon
And I say, "Aw come on now
You know, you know about my debutante"
And she says, "Your debutante just knows what you need
But I know what you want" Bob Dylan, Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again

Some rods (and reels) are just seductive if, like many of us, you have the sickness. Just offhand, Winston IM6 9' 4, 5, and 6 weight. Winston B2X 5 and 6 wt, Sage LL 490 and 590, Sage SP 5 and 6, Sage Method 6 wt, Sage X 5 and 6 wt. Have given away several Winstons to kids starting out as well when they are old enough to appreciate them, most with Battenkill, Abel TR or Hardy reels. Pay it forward.