Trip Report MA 9 East Beaches

Jake Watrous

(not really a sea otter)
Went to beaches north and south of Edmonds today. Fished both sides of both AM and PM tides by starting to the south (just north of Shoreline) and moving north to just south of Mukilteo before heading back down in a circuit.

No SRC seen, no coho spotted, no schools of bait. Hookups were one greenling, which was a first, two dinky sculpin, and a tasty looking Dungeness crab.

Last edited:

NRC

Went to beaches north and south of Edmonds today. Fished both sides of both AM and PM tides by starting to the south (just north of Shoreline) and moving north to just south of Mukilteo before heading back down in a circuit.

No SRC seen, no coho spotted, no schools of bait. Hookups were one greenling, which was a first, two dinky sculpin, and a tasty looking Dungeness crab.
I've always wanted to catch a greenling off the beach, that's pretty cool. What kinda fly and what depth/retrieve? And was it hanging around kelp like I've been told they like to do?

Jake Watrous

(not really a sea otter)
It wanted my wife’s variant of a Near Nuff Sculpin, on a jerky/darting sculpin strip retrieve. Water depth was between 10 and 20 feet and I was fishing along the bottom.

I caught it near the railroad rocks north of Edmonds ferry, so I think it might be a rock greenling? There’s eelgrass up there, too, though, so who knows.

Latest posts