FS 15 foot Grumman Canoe

wetline dave

When solo I filled a 5 gallon bucket with water and put it in the front of the canoe. That is enough to get the bow down and stabilize the canoe.

Dave

sconnie

Have this canoe, and I agree that turning around on solo trips works relatively well. Price is right ( or cheap actually) .

nomlasder

Another bump,

Great canoe for a good price, it comes with paddles. Let's get this sold before Dave has to move.

wetline dave

This is one of the most stable canoes you can paddle. It is flat bottomed and fairly wide as it is a cargo canoe configuration, slightly wider in front to accommodate heavier loads.

Dave

wetline dave

This is a great touring canoe. I made trips to Ross Lake and O'Sullivan Reservoir in it and two people and gear was no problem. the trip on Ross lake was for 6 days and we did not go light.

Dave

GeorgeV

I built a rowing seat for a canoe. It was a light weight unit built from 3/4 lumber and a laced rope seat. It rested on the gunnels, my weight held it in place. I could slide it back and forth to trim the canoe. I couldn't turn or spin the canoe around like a drift boat due to 15 feet of keel, it rowed very easily, a stroke of the oars and a long glide. It worked well in the smaller basin lakes for one person.

BC Outpost

Love the Grumman’s have 17 and 19 square stern versions and despite their weight they are great canoes. I’m in BC so it’s a bit of a trip to get down there but if I can swing it I’d love to have it join the fleet. I take it this is a double ended?

wetline dave

BC,

Right you are it is a double ender. Never been put in a river and no big of for that matter no small dings except for a shallow dent from when I went over a log that had a branch stub that I went over, no reel damage.

Dave

BC Outpost

Well Dave it sounds pretty good. Are you in a rush to move the canoe. I’m heading North in the next few days for my annual date with grayling and moose so I will be unable to make it your way for at least a couple or more like three weeks. But if the thing is still the hanging I could swing down as I will be off the island anyway may just have to park my rifles somewhere before crossing the border. You know us Wedt Coast Vancouver Islander are bad buggers and must be watched very closely. LoL That being said do you have any idea of how old the thin is it is not a deal breaker as some people prefer the neeer lighter model while others are just fine with heavier old ones.

wetline dave

BC

I have had the canoe 35 years or so if that tells you anything.

Yeah I know all about you Canucks. I have a friend out of Prince George who is an out fitter up there for moose and bear.

When you get ready to come down get ahold of Nomlasder as I will be off the net for awhile at the end of this month.

Check your PM

Dave

Latest posts