NFR Ages.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I was into another thread. We were talking about ages and being old. I would like to know if somebody on here is older and still fishing. Or just how old all you asshats are. I'm 84 and have been fly fishing since 1957 or so. I have also fished just about every way that is out there. And I caught a lot of fish in my life time. Nothing great as I just like to fish small skinny water. Oh, and I have never left the States to fish for exodic fish.

IveofIone

I caught my first fish on a fly rod on July 28, 1951, the day after I received a TrueTemper tubular steel fly rod for my 13th birthday.

My first fish ever, a bluegill, came in the summer of 1946 when gas was available again and I got to visit my grandpa. It came on a cane pole and red worms that I dug out behind the pig pen. I don't remember much more as I had been up since dawn in the long Michigan summer days and had been pee-my-pants excited all day knowing I was going fishing. Somewhere along the line I ran out of gas and adrenaline and fell asleep. I woke up the next morning in the same feather bed I had been born in 8 years earlier and came downstairs to fried bluegill and crappie and hot cornbread.

Now at almost 81 it still doesn't get much better than beer battered crappies and buttermilk cornbread.

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
I will turn 62 soon. I believe that i am the OLDEST WOMAN on this forum! HAHA... I should change my name to OldWomanJo!

I started pretending to be a fly fisher when i was 40 years old after having never fished in my life since no one in my family ever did (and they still don’t).

bakerite

64 here. Fishing since I was about 5. Fly fishing since 1967. Dad had an old heddon bamboo rod with an automatic reel. Nothing but fun trying to catch fish. My son has been fly fishing since he could hold a rod he is 25 now.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
66 and doing okay in heart and mind. I grew up in Camas WA fishing the lake every opening day ….16 fish limit,,,at 12 Dad bought me a fly rod...fished Merril from the bank...try and do that now. Fished the lower Washougal for steelhead in JR High and HS...met or saw Bill McMillan land a steelhead and that changed me in a mystical way. Dad , my brother and I lived on the Columbia River...salmon spring and fall Snake river steelhead which were brutes...College small water ninja shit of youth hiking in to places to scary for me and strenuous for me now...The Wind, the Kalama, the Cowlitz, the Elocoman and all streams to the coast, and lakes lot's of lakes, later the yak the crooked the Metolius Hosmer East lake too manyto mention...and now chill and that fly fishing fever has subsided from that of youth...I fish when it is planned,,,and have a partner to do so...I tie but not often because of other irons in the fire,,,art is a compulsion, gardening too and writing poetry when the mood hits me...All of that is me for good or ill...Ellen is a trooper and a wonderful grounding influence. That is my story...yeah in brief.