NFR Ages.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
You’re the one that clued me into this forum, Jim. You and I bumped into each other one midweek afternoon on the NF Stilly years ago and you asked If I was on WFF.
I remember catching a fish or two after you left .
While in Washington I met a lot of flyfishers. I don't remember this meeting. But I do remember meeting Kerrys on the N/F Stilly at Hazel. He asked if I was the Old Man. Of course I had to say Yes. Usually when I met somebody and we end up talking about fly fishing I end up giving away flies. I saw a guy changing a flat tire on the S/F Sauk and he had a fly rod leaning on his car I stopped to bullshit with him and ended up giving him a few flies and pointers on where to fish at on the Sauk. I'm friendly when in person. I only try to remain nasty on here. But it's getting harder to be nasty.

Greg Armstrong

While in Washington I met a lot of flyfishers. I don't remember this meeting. But I do remember meeting Kerrys on the N/F Stilly at Hazel. He asked if I was the Old Man. Of course I had to say Yes. Usually when I met somebody and we end up talking about fly fishing I end up giving away flies. I saw a guy changing a flat tire on the S/F Sauk and he had a fly rod leaning on his car I stopped to bullshit with him and ended up giving him a few flies and pointers on where to fish at on the Sauk. I'm friendly when in person. I only try to remain nasty on here. But it's getting harder to be nasty.
Well, you told me your memorable handle - “Old Man” ;).
I didn’t have a WFF name yet... :p

keekster4504

I’ll be 30 this year, fly fishing since I was 7 or 8. Fishing for longer, especially if you count my favorite game as a 3 year old of casting and retrieving a rubber chicken tied to the end of my toy rod down the stairs. I learned to fly fish on the Beckler River with my uncle, wet wading through chest deep water on a classic cool PNW summer day. Somehow hypothermia and not catching any fish didn’t turn me off of the sport, and here I am! Just for fun, here’s a picture of me at the height of pre-teen girl awkwardness, all geared up for a day on the Gallatin. C44D9DF1-4529-445B-A3C2-5DE860ED9FA5.png

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
I'm friendly when in person. I only try to remain nasty on here. But it's getting harder to be nasty.

Hahahaha... Old Man, it doesn’t seem like it’s THAT hard for you.

How cool.... that chance meeting with Kerry. That would be such a great way to meet you. Just walk up to you and ask “are you Old Man?”

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Well, thank God for that cuz a Granola headed geezer would surely be a bad combo.
No kidding! My Daughter & Son-in-Law just balanced the books - they bought a big honkin' Suburban. That thing seems even larger than the Suburban we had when the Kids were little (although there still wasn't sufficient room to keep the 2 Kids from squabbling on long trips :rolleyes:.). I think there's enough room to put my Outback in the back to use as a spare.

IveofIone

Interestingly the life span of Americans on average has dropped every year since 2015. Last year it was down to around 78.4 for men while women held steady at about 81. Both Canada and the UK do better and in Japan the average is almost 85. Remarkably, in 1900 the age for men was around 46! So we have come a long way in just over 100 years but the latest downturn is the wrong direction. Overdose deaths and suicides are driving down the statistics it seems. Too many young people dying early as a result. Another interesting note, the suicide rate in rural areas is almost 2x what it is in urban areas. I would have thought the opposite. The explanation seems to be that more people in rural areas own guns and tend to use them on themselves more often.

JACKspASS

Interestingly the life span of Americans on average has dropped every year since 2015. Last year it was down to around 78.4 for men while women held steady at about 81. Both Canada and the UK do better and in Japan the average is almost 85. Remarkably, in 1900 the age for men was around 46! So we have come a long way in just over 100 years but the latest downturn is the wrong direction. Overdose deaths and suicides are driving down the statistics it seems. Too many young people dying early as a result. Another interesting note, the suicide rate in rural areas is almost 2x what it is in urban areas. I would have thought the opposite. The explanation seems to be that more people in rural areas own guns and tend to use them on themselves more often.
The simple solution would be to ban drugs and guns....problem solved :D

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Statistics. This is one thing I never worry about when something bad happens to you, it either kills you or puts you out of commission. My head injury did the Second one. I thought I was killed when the first one hit. Things that happen unexpected is something you can't control. After it happened you think that if you did it some other way it wouldn't of happened. I just knock on wood and continue on with my life.

Bentley

72, started fly fishing with my grandfather’s old 3-piece HI fly rod about 1955. Steelhead addiction on a fly 1976. Yearly return visits to Sw Washington after relocation, spring and fall since then and every year since retirement. Skagit fetish adopted 2013 along with OP now the preferred location.

Latest posts