NFR Ages.

Big Rob

Just turned 48. First real fishing memory...w my uncle on Wannacut back in '78.
He taught me to fly fish with, and gave me a glass 8' Fenwick 7wt in '94....out below Tokul Cr.
Said it would be a better casting teacher than he could be, and to stick with it.
Haven't stopped fly fishing since....
I still have the Fenwick. Miss my uncle.

Yardus Maximus

48 years young. Old enough to have some experience and young enough to still perform :rolleyes:

Started fly fishing around 6 with many trips throughout the Western US and Canada.

First Steelhead on a fly in an OP river 1986 and was a 10+# summer run native beast. 5# w/ floating line on my own hand tied Stimulator. Will never forget a moment of that day :cool:

Good times... Thank you for the great thread OMJ!

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
I was into another thread. We were talking about ages and being old. I would like to know if somebody on here is older and still fishing. Or just how old all you asshats are. I'm 84 and have been fly fishing since 1957 or so. I have also fished just about every way that is out there. And I caught a lot of fish in my life time. Nothing great as I just like to fish small skinny water. Oh, and I have never left the States to fish for exodic fish.
Just turned 65 last week. Homeostasis status quo. I'm going fishing.

MelW

Certified Curmudgeon
I join the septuagenarian group this month.

I have always been a fisherman!
My first trout?
Capture5.JPG

I came to flyfishing later in life(mid 1990's) and due to a bad knee that does not agree with slippery rocks/terrain I have always fished lakes.
Fortunate to have married a gal almost 48 years ago that puts up with me and allows my piscatorial pursuits.

Last edited:

jamma

65 years, 7 months, 20.5 days, but who's counting? Took last year off, but have acquired licenses for WA & OR this week and am ready to hit it hard this year.:)
Is it just me or does that smile emoji look like Momo? Creepy!

Billy McFly

that is funny and I really don't like mac and cheese...ithink it was all those years of Mission mac and cheese for the kids and their endless love for that and those bisquick weener wraps...Good gawd never again...Ha!
Damn - That's good grub right there.

Billy McFly

I was into another thread. We were talking about ages and being old. I would like to know if somebody on here is older and still fishing. Or just how old all you asshats are. I'm 84 and have been fly fishing since 1957 or so. I have also fished just about every way that is out there. And I caught a lot of fish in my life time. Nothing great as I just like to fish small skinny water. Oh, and I have never left the States to fish for exodic fish.
Geeez OMJ I was born in 1957. You've been casting flies for a looong time. Was fiberglass a new space age material back then?
I'll be 62 this summer and started fly fishing when I was about 40. Not nearly enough though so I've negotiated a semi retirement thing and I'll be out exploring the blue squiggly lines a bunch this summer.