NFR Ages.

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
Well, after reading this one I can make a few assumptions about the majority on this forum:

- you like to sit in the booth at the restaurant for long periods of time.
- you can't name a single song currently in the top 10
- you really like the new Buick suv's

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Well, after reading this one I can make a few assumptions about the majority on this forum:

I rarely sit in a booth/restaurant, but when I'm with my Grandson yes I will sit there & I enjoy EVERY minute!
I can name a lot of songs, but they were popular back when music was my kind of music (and you could actually understand the lyrics :D.). How many from that era can you name?
I like trucks, little Jeeps & my Outback.

I was also fortunate enough to know & open to learning from those older than I was at the time. Now that I'm older, I'm still open to learning from folks of all ages.

The one fact you left out is that "the majority" to which you refer do not constantly strive to be the center of attention.

Last edited:

Steve Saville

I am 71. I learned to fish on the Toutle River when it was pristine; wet waded with a spinning rod/reel. Later I learned to fish the salt on the old Sperry Dock and the Dickman Mill in Tacoma. Trouble is I have a 30 year old mind to go along with the 71 year old body so I get myself in trouble on a regular basis.:cool:

Jojo

Trout Thank Me

Hahahaha....No, No and No.

I like to sit at the bar.
My new favorite song is Still Feel by Half Alive (though i am not sure it’s in the Top Ten.
I drive a 2008 red Honda Accord coupe and it’s a stick too!

I’m older but in my head i am still 32 years old.

I used to have this much older friend Dorothy who lived in our community. (I actually have always had too many older friends). When she was in her early 80’s i was in my late 40’s. She was super sharp, had been a Marine, beat me in Scrabble more than i beat her and was well read on the news and politics. She was funny and shot straight from the hip. I adored her. She told me that she always felt like she was still in her 30’s and i kind of thought she was kidding... But now i get what she means. I sort of forgot i was going to get older. That i would start feeling it because i’ve Been so healthy for so long and i think because i don’t have children that i’m Not constantly reminded by the children i don’t have that i am uncool and not young.

Edited to add that Half Alive is not Top Ten but it is #14 on this week’s list. And is mentioned many times. FA888FBF-29A9-48B0-B2B6-DE2215672082.jpeg

Last edited:

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
my first pickup 60hp...manual said change oil every 500 miles...I had a VW tank in back switched so I could turn a lever to direct gas from main tank to the one in the back...I put 6 ply "supeshell oversized tires on it to run the Gifford Pinchot exploring ridge roads and secret lakes...It had an electrical fire in it ...which was fixed...and damn near made me deaf from the rattling...but it was a good runner...Wish I still had it
Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 9.28.30 AM.png

Latest posts