When do you think “That ain’t fly fishing!” Or do you ?

IMO a compleat Angler is fluent in using the right tool for the job whether it’s fly, spin, baitcasting, trolling, deep jigging or whatever. When it’s fall and blowing 25 on the beach my fly rod stays in the car and the buzz bomb comes out. That said, there are few things more sublime that I’ve experienced than the rise to a well placed dry fly in a beautiful stream - an experience I hope to have more of if I can pull my thoughts away from pulling a weedless frog through heavy bass cover with 20lb braid.

Errol Morris (the Thin Blue Line) was asked about "art", but his definition covers fly fishing pretty well, too:
“the best I could come up with was: create an arbitrary set of rules, and then follow them slavishly. You set up an idea of what you should and should not do, and then you strictly adhere to it. You try to develop a worldview or an aesthetic, however you want to describe it. Maybe it’s even an idea of rectitude”

Old Man

Just an Old Man
It is what I do on a dime which makes me a sick MF to some..I do not care...My life is one of creation. It is what I do..it makes you uncomfortable...I am sorry...I can't help it..It is what I do...
What you do is post a lot of bull shit. What you need to do is put your thoughts together and then write one thread, instead of one right after each other.What are you trying to do, catch up with me.

Eyejuggler

High bank poacher
Errol Morris (the Thin Blue Line) was asked about "art", but his definition covers fly fishing pretty well, too:
“the best I could come up with was: create an arbitrary set of rules, and then follow them slavishly. You set up an idea of what you should and should not do, and then you strictly adhere to it. You try to develop a worldview or an aesthetic, however you want to describe it. Maybe it’s even an idea of rectitude”
Vernon Florida, that was a documentary!

Latest posts